Altec speaker terminals aftermarket replacement?

Lazarus Long

Does anyone make this plastic part? 20181214_214935.jpg
I found what looks to be a replacement for the entire terminal on parts express, but I would like to keep as original as possible..

Check with Great Plains Audio (GPA), they are whats left of Altec and still make new drivers and parts.

BillWojo

NLA

The new style terminals currently being used by GPA are an improvement in every way.

Whether they can be sourced directly from GPA and at what cost would require a phone call to them.

c0143750_17431952.jpg

I checked with Great Plains Audio.. I was told that I could purchase the terminals for $3.50 a piece... I sent a message and after a week, hadn't received a reply. I called and spoke with Bill. He explained that they don't "normally" sell the terminals, and then said that they would send me an invoice. It sounded like he didn't want to bother with it.. Another week goes by, no invoice. I send another email. He explains again that they don't normally sell these, but they would send me an invoice later that day.. Its been over a month since I was promised an invoice, and 5 days since I last sent them an email. No invoice, no response, no terminals for me... I'm sorry, if you don't want to sell the terminals, you should have said so at the beginning. I could understand if its just too small of an order to deal with(I was going to order 6 sets hoping that a $20 order would make it less of a pain in the ass). This is no way to run a business. They have no idea what I may be interested in in the future, but after this, I can assure you I will never spend a dime with this company.

I checked with Great Plains Audio.. I was told that I could purchase the terminals for $3.50 a piece... I sent a message and after a week, hadn't received a reply. I called and spoke with Bill. He explained that they don't "normally" sell the terminals, and then said that they would send me an invoice. It sounded like he didn't want to bother with it.. Another week goes by, no invoice. I send another email. He explains again that they don't normally sell these, but they would send me an invoice later that day.. Its been over a month since I was promised an invoice, and 5 days since I last sent them an email. No invoice, no response, no terminals for me... I'm sorry, if you don't want to sell the terminals, you should have said so at the beginning. I could understand if its just too small of an order to deal with(I was going to order 6 sets hoping that a $20 order would make it less of a pain in the ass). This is no way to run a business. They have no idea what I may be interested in in the future, but after this, I can assure you I will never spend a dime with this company.

Yours is a consistent story that hasn't changed much over the better part of 2 decades .

Bill could simply establish something like a $75.00 minimum purchase ( or whatever ) so that his attention is grabbed, held and then properly compensated .

Why he doesn't is beyond me when the alternative is continued toxic PR.

:)

At least I'm not the only one... I can understand that he doesn't want to mess with a small order, but just be up front about it! Now, I need to resume the search for an alternative to the original posts... Any other suggestions?

Same thing happened to me except I was actually gonna be dropping big bucks on a set of drivers.

I've been trying to find a replacement set of terminals as well. Perhaps I can convince Bill to sell me a couple of pairs and pass them along, although I'm not holding out much hope. :(

Back
Top Bottom