Alternative to DeOxit for Sansui AU-D5

nicolino

I had already posted once in the past asking for a method to "calibrate" my left and right speaker's volume, which seems to be really out of control (and the switch doesn't solve it for me). The volume control is also really scratchy. An user told me to use DeOxit D5 and faderlube, but I can't find them in my country (Italy) and they are really expensive and difficult to import via internet. Are there any alternatives that could do the trick? Should i try and use some Isopropyl alcohol i have lying around?
Thanks a lot

Hi, no don't use the isopropyl alcohol - it is a cleaner but not for the kind of oxidisation you are trying to remove.

The only ones I would trust are:
  • Caig DeOxit D5 followed by DeOxit Faderlube*** (***this is very important for re-lubricating the tracks of controls)
  • Servisol Super 10 - nearly the same as DeOxit D5 - however I am not aware of a Faderlube equivalent to go with it.
  • Kontakt Chemi products - there is a range of products very similar to the Caig DeOxit range.
  • 'Corrosion X' - again not sure of the product range, but fairly sure they have D5 and Faderlube equivalents.
See what you can find in your wonderful Country, :thumbsup: - bear in mind you may still need to order it by mail order.

I am sure there are others, anyone else?

Last edited:
be careful, in that these cleaners remove existing lubrication, if you do not replace it the pot will wear out fast since it now is void of necessary lubrication.

I can vouch for servisol 10, stuff is great and like £5 from Maplin here in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom