Aluminum feet for Marantz gear?

bryans12v

Marantz / Altec Junkie
I get these are frowned upon for a TT. I can't believe I've never considered them for my receivers, amps, etc.

Saw this pic today and absolutely looovvvee them!

FB_IMG_1529106362222.jpg

Does anyone where I can get these? They've got to be quite easy to make. Can't see them being expensive. I'e tried searching and am coming up with nothing.

Not good for electronics either, although not as significant. I read that some go as far as to put amplifiers on Vibraplanes. Anything that would increase transfer of vibration is not a good thing but I doubt most could hear the difference…

Audio is a blend of art and science. I love the designs of all my vintage gear and the period industrial design is almost as important to me as the way it sounds :biggrin: I’ve not seen these feet anywhere but it’s a nice look and if you like it, go for it; it’s very unlikely harmonics or electrical field will come in to play.

The feet may be off of another piece of gear maybe? Perhaps your local thrift has something cheap that could be obtained and harvested!

Just search for aluminum feet on ebay. Quite a selection at many price points. You can also search for Marantz feet to get reproductions.

I like the original black plastic feet on the Marantz silver gear. They had enough bling on the front panel already.

Spun silver/gold feet came primarily into play in the late 1980s with black finished gear.

That said, it doesn't look bad, just not right IMO. :)

Those look like later AVR feet.
Mostly plastic with a metal trim ring.
Most have a locating pin on them, you could file that down.

I had a huge stash of feet from AVRs just in case but cleaned out a lot.

I still have too many just by hoarding the nicer ones.

I scrap a lot of AVR.

Back
Top Bottom