Am I the only one who hates levers?

Those big solid power switch toggles on the L-09s make a very satisfying and positive thunk when you operate them. You don't get that from a push button.

Somtimes...

index.php

you do.

Yes, yes. I know.
You mean the thunk of the lever itself,
not the relay click.
But I had to put my baby up here because one of the many
things I like about it is it's solid click
with power-on or with source-selection.

Last edited:
I generally consider levers poor ergonomics. Too easy to mistakenly operate. And on portable equipment you work against gravity half the time although horizontal levers are worst.

Small ones on secondary controls like on early Audio Research weren't too bad.

Agreed that sliders are a poor design. Sliders and levers are my sole complaint against early Sony ES gear like the STR-6200f.

Lets see the levers on my 240's and 275's never gave me problems, and I liked the levers on 7C and 7T Marantz pre amps. The levers on my MX-35 mixers could get noisy but they were out in the field exposed to many different environments. They were much more dependable than little slide switches or rocker switches. You either used them frequently or never touched them. Anything in-between and you will have intermittent issues. I guess it just depends on whose making the switches.

To me, push buttons all look like cheap crap. Were there any solid, well crafted, metal bush buttons? Please post some photos.

Back
Top Bottom