Am I the only one who thinks this is BS!

Yeah, your right Thor. In the media anyway you get crucified.
But when I say stuff like that to my neighbors and they just laugh
their butts off. Seau is Samoan, isn't he?

Carl

What's the big deal

Just for a second lets use some common sense and try to forget about media and "rightness". One EX-teammate made a joke about another EX-mate. That they happened to also be friends says enough in my book. While I see where you're coming from I think it's misplaced in this instance. The fact of the matter is that certain comments are more sensitive than others and some races are more off-limits than others. Like it or not. Which I think is not fair but I don't make the rules, I just know the law. BTW, in some neighbor"hoods" Seau would be "white enough".

MikE

Well Thor, I have to agree with you.

I think it's pretty well established that there is a double standard out there. I have particular issues because I'm really sort of a right/wrong, on/off, black/white (no pun intended) kind of guy. It's always made me angry that if a white guy drops the "n" bomb, he wind up in deep sh*t, but black comedians toss it around like frisbees at the beach???? Some things just aren't right and that holds for all. I guess the PC crowd would have some issues, but I stopped worrying about them years ago.

This could start a tirade that could go on for hundreds of lines and posts, so I'll chill and read on.

PS. I like fried chicken and watermelon too.

I see both Thor and Mike's point of views but IMO its still a double standard. If one should not say such things then all should not..

Grumpy

Anyoner else notice

A "kinder, more gentle" Grumpster? Not sure if this is something imagined on my part or something intentional on his. :dunno: MikE

Back
Top Bottom