Amazing Antenna & Tuner combination

Donkey!

AK member
I built an antenna off a diagram I found on the net and it works like a champ. It's a loop for a AM. Im a big AM junkie.

The plans are accurate, now I massaged it's nipples a bit using all of my antenna experience, but none the less, it works great just as the plans call for.

I use a Yamaha T-1000 and T-85 and believe it or not with all of the modifications I have done to my T-1000, it works waaaaaay better then the T-85.

During the day I am picking up stations well over 600 miles away and at night... Well I can hear the west coast 5 n' 9 so I am happy as hell. :music:

This is the link to the antenna: http://www.schmarder.com/radios/misc-stuff/loops.htm

It's not even roof mounted! So it doesn't need a bunch of hight, it is on the second floor though.

Well loops are very good in general if your feeding a 300 ohm input. If you build one like in the link there are actually 2 separate windings which help in in the resonant frequency department. I don't know how much gain my antenna has but I bet it's a fair amount. It works way better then a 300 ft long wire antenna I have strung up in the yard. And it's up about 50 ft.

The reason why I can receive so well is I have the ability to tune out adjacent signals that creating intermod on my desired frequency.

It's the best damn AMB antenna I have had experience with. I bet one with the proper specs would be killer for short wave receivers.

The variable caps are essential though and the inductors I added seam to improve the design.

kc8mob said:
now I massaged it's nipples a bit using all of my experience, but none the less, it works great just as the plans call for.
:banana: :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom