Amazon Echo Dot

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by Gnesen, Mar 3, 2016.

1. turnitdown

turnitdown AK Subscriber Subscriber

I got mine yesterday and have been playing with it since. I LOVE THIS THING AND WILL BE EXPANDING! BTW - that wood encased one sure is purty.

chicks and uofmtiger like this.
  2. turnitdown

Ahhh - Alexa needs more discretion when it comes to who addresses her. I'm in the middle of Miles Davis and the 20 year old going on 14 (not my daughter) comes in in the middle and says, "Alexa, Rick Astley, Never Gonna Give You Up." Bitch!

3. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Super Member

Could be worse, they could use it to order a bunch of stuff from Amazon. Make sure you turn that off or set up a 4 digit code.

turnitdown and +48V like this.
  4. turnitdown

She was just having fun, but the four digit unlock code is cool. I'll try that

uofmtiger likes this.
  5. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Super Member

Make sure you look at the skills, too. Some great stuff in there. Controlling Plex running on media streaming devices, controlling J River Media, using it with Remote apps like SimpleControl and Harmony, etc.

You can also setup IFTT (If this then that) to have it work with different internet devices. For example, I have a security camera on the porch and when it senses motion, I have it blink the Hue lights in my office since I often have headphones on in the space.

turnitdown likes this.
  6. judsonw

judsonw Active Member

Real life Rickrolling at its best.

turnitdown and 60 Cycle Hum like this.
  7. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

FWIW, just ordered a 2nd Dot for the basement cave, and a "certified refurbished" Tap to play with.

turnitdown and uofmtiger like this.