1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon is getting slow at fulfilling orders (or is it just me?)

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by tyeeslayer, Jan 26, 2018.

1. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

I think it has to do with the fact that so many people have Prime these days. Therefore Amazon has many more packages that get 2 day shipping, leaving the non-Prime packages by the wayside.

I love having Prime. Not only is shipping fast and free, but there is also video and music.

Tim64 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Tim64

Tim64 Super Member

Im' a Prime member and once in awhile it takes three days instead of two. It's well worth the cost since we stream Amazon on our tv included with prime and quite a few full albums to. I've been ordering auto parts if cheaper than local part house's mostly due to the fact they hire these kid's that have no clue about cars but will work cheap.

3. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier

I'm probably dropping Prime since I don't want to subsidize their video programming that I never watch. I order enough to get free shipping even without Prime. But if they pull this delayed shipping crap, you can bet they'll hear about it from me. I emailed Bezos once about an Amazon issue. Let me tell you, I've never seen so many employees rush to contact me when that happened... ;)

Archguy likes this.
  4. Donal64

Donal64 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I don't have prime, and I always get the Amazon free shipping and they are routinely, frustratingly slow to ship.

5. Archguy

Archguy Official Roiurama Factory Rep Subscriber

Okay, there's one thing I don't get about Amazon. Maybe someone here can explain. Why do people answer Amazon Questions with "Sorry I don't know" or some such? I have a question out about a product and I'm getting email after email titled "You received an answer to your question!" and when I open my email to read, it's something like "Sorry, I couldn't tell you!"

Do people get credit of some kind for answering? I've encountered this on other items when I'm reading the many questions each one seems to have. Half the answers are "No idea" "I dunno" "Beats me" etc. There has to be an explanation.....

6. Condorsat

Condorsat Audio Enthusiast

Been ordering from Amazon for years ... not prime ... usually I take the over x number of dollars, free shipping option. At some point (been a while ago) .. they started taking longer on free shipping. Contacted them once and they gave me some line (cut to the chase) about the method of shipping I selected "free".

Anyway the point was that nothing was wrong ... IMHO (they never said this), they were just prioritizing customers who were paying more for shipping (prime or other). The cynical might say that they are purposely slowing down the free S&H orders. :dunno: No big deal ... I can wait (same result in the end anyway) ... would rather have the cost savings.

Orders from Amazon merchants are still same as it ever was ... in my experience.

Of course .. one always has the option of ordering from other less high profile vendors. Went that route a number of times w/ good results.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

No, I think some people just like having their name out there. I have saw reviews of products where people simply put "great," "wonderful service," or "my mother loved it." Okay, that tells me nothing about why I should WANT to BUY it! I have replied on a few comments here and there when it was like that by saying you're supposed to be telling me why I would want the product, or in the case of "wonderful service," I've been known to reply that they're supposed to be reviewing the product, not the seller.

8. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Addicted Member

Heck....

I ordered (free shipping) some Black Curcumin Oil caps last Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. I think it depends on which warehouse has a particular stocked item. has their own planes and trucks that shuffle stock from one warehouse to another.