Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

Carver iron

I recently acquired an HR-772. Manual says 150 wpc into 4 ohms. 26 pounds.

8.jpg

4a.jpg

LXI Series

I have three Pioneer SX-9000's and I know they are 240 watts total at 4 ohms, total consumption is is supposed to be 350va, 310 watts, which don't make sense to me if wpc is roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of total output.

I have an old LXI Series Montgomery Ward Component system made in Taiwan that is rated 570 watts total and is HEAVY, but it has an EQ, dual casstte and turntable, all in excellent working order.. I'd like to know the wpc for it. It pushes my two JBL 15's and two Fisher 12's with ease at 1/3 volume.

It was a freebie, but Very well made.. :thmbsp

I have two other Sears LXI series Receivers, one is 180 Total, the other 130 total, which I figure roughly 35 wpc and maybe 15-20 wpc.

Also have a Large 350 watt Sharps amp that has to have a pre-amp.

What are the metrics used to determine a receivers spot.

I have an Pioneer X-1250 and a Concept 16.5.To be honest, the Concept sounds far better with the ssme set of speakers. In fact, it is the best consumer segment receiver I have personally heard. The problem is that this is all subjective.

BTW.....I am really pleased to have found this site. Thanks

As far as the monsters go my Fisher RS 1080 was the best buy under $300 in mint condition not sure why the Fishers dont go for more but lets keep that between us.

Dave

Last edited:
Hi guys.. Just found this site last night! I didn't know so much stuff was out there! I picked up a Project one 1500 dc series 10 yrs ago maybe? I paid 65 bucks on ebay! Had to have the tuner fixed wouldn't receive any fm?... BUT MAN THIS thingh rocks! And is heavy I bet like 60 + pounds! How come I don't hear or see much about these? How does it compare to a Kenwood KR 9600? a friend has one of those and it is powerful. I will get some pics tonight of it....

Great to see a Project 1, if you post pics of the insides...even better! :thmbsp:

Welcome to AK!

Great to see a Project 1, if you post pics of the insides...even better! :thmbsp:

Welcome to AK!

Thanks! Well I powered it up tonight after it being sitting forever and in the garage the last few years and it worked good for about 5 minutes then it went into protect mode! :(....It was pretty warm on the top in the back, but i pulled the cover and I don't see anything smoked or anything? , But here's some pics for ya anyway...

Attachments

• Project one Mark 1500.jpg
    Project one Mark 1500.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Project one Mark 1500-1.jpg
    Project one Mark 1500-1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Project one Mark 1500-2.jpg
    Project one Mark 1500-2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 120
hi i have a pioneer SX-850 amp, need to replace a light bulb , speaker a need to know if the bulb is a pull out or a solder thanks david

amended list of 150+ wpc recievers

i skipped from the first to last page of this thread(sorry i was in a hurry), but has anyone mentioned the sansui au-g99x. big, black metal, and nasty. last year was '86, thats the year model i have. has a voltage selector on the back, and two big orange meters on the left side. um, 160 wpc(200 wpc in 4 ohms), with .003 thd. yeah for real. a pioneer sx-1250 has very damn little on this amp. get u some. mine is on a pair of hpm 100's in a 20' by 14' carpeted living room on stands bout a foot hi and tilted back a hair. bout three and a half feet apart, and toed in just a hair. oh also, them hpm's have about 75 dollas worth of caps and resistors inside. with a mcs 6601 direct drive tt, jvc cassette and a technics sl-ps 770d cd player.thanks. vegaman

Hey guys i just picked up some kef ref 104's and their power hungry any recommendations on what would go good with these babies? at the moment i have a sansui au-5900 only 45 wpc.

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom