Amplifier for monitor audio bronze 2 speakers

francism1980

Hi, would like to ask which amplifier is best for monitor audio bronze 2 speakers. This is used for music listening. Please include if it is energy efficient. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm using a Marantz PM8005 with my monitor audio (silver rx6) and I'm very happy.
Maybe a PM6005 ?
Edit : I see the PM6006 is out now, maybe you can find a reduced price 6005?
As for energy efficiency, the only really non efficient solid state would be a class-A amplifier. All the rest is not using much electricity at all.
But please note that there is no "best", it all depends on what you like...

Last edited:
The local chain here in Abu Dhabi bundles the Monitor Bronze 2 with the Marantz PM5005 for the equivalent in USD of $600. Looks like a good match but a tad over your budget, at least new. Also no sales or VAT taxes here.

I certainly would check out the new integrated 01 series of Yamaha amplifiers. They should be available in your area. The A-S301 and A-S501 are probably in your price range. Ooooooops, just saw that you went with the Marantz 6005, enjoy!

For others joining late, like myself, the BX 2's are great all 'rounders. I've never had a bad experience with my Bronze 2's hooked to any amp. Mostly vintage, but can't imagine them disappointing hooked to anything. Monitor Audio is one of my favourites. I've had excellent results with the BX 2's hooked to: Sansui Au 7500 & AU 9500, Sony STR V7 & Sony STR 7065, & STR 6046a. They play well with anything IMO. OttO

Back
Top Bottom