amplifier upgrade advice

Sansushi

trying to improve my system one piece at a time and amplifier upgrade next in line.
currently have thorens td 160 super from vinyl nirvana, onkyo 7030 cd, kenwood ka-7100, jbl l5 and 4412a speakers. my listening is 90% vinyl.
i like the 7100 but all original and 40 years old and i’ve got the itch to update/improve.
i’ve been concentrating mostly on new yamaha a-s2100 or parasound integrated but am open to other integrated or separates in the sub $2500 range.
the yamaha retails for $3500 but there are sellers on the bay offering new for $2300. sellers have a good amount of positive feedback, but i’d hate to make what for me is a large purchase only to have issues with non-reputable seller and no warranty. i did contact one of the ebay sellers who is shipping from CA and the response led me think that english was not their first language. their response was “This unit comes with four Yamaha many facture warranty”

can get parasound in my price range but have read mixed reviews on phono section and i don’t think i need the internal dac on parasound. also like the a/b speaker option on the yamaha.
no place to go audition amps in my area doesn’t make the decision any easier. i would prefer something neutral to warmer soundwise, which i’ve read this line of yamaha fit into.
any advice/opinions would be appreciated

From Yamaha...
Warranty Policies
Yamaha provides warranty coverage for new Yamaha products originally sold by Yamaha Authorized Dealers located in the United States. Yamaha products purchased from retailers other than Yamaha Authorized Dealers (whether via the Internet, or otherwise) will NOT be covered by Yamaha’s warranties, and U.S. service centers will not repair such products under warranty. Check our Service Locator for a list of U.S. Authorized Servicers.

People buy from unauthorized sellers to save money. If you choose to, put the savings in the bank and consider it self-insurance.

If you go that route be sure to confirm it is for USA voltage and all that.

thanks whoaru. guess that option is similar to the used no return purchase. you take your chances. is the warrantee worth $1300?
only if you need it.

I think a nice integrated like the A-S2100 is the logical upgrade for your system.

I like having a warranty and that one you found online sounds like a knockoff with no warranty.

While you can't discern quality, amplifiers are electronic components and are expensive to repair. No warranty means you get to pay if it fails. If you are saving that much, it may be money in your pocket that may or may not be needed for repairs later.

My suggestion is to continue to peruse eBay for an authorized seller who can offer a cost savings over retail and provides the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom