Amplifier

Kangurek

Hey guys.
I was lucky enough to get pioneer deck ct-f1250 and Pl 600 turntable for free. I really like vintage electronics so decided to get what ever is missing to have the tower complete. My question is, what amplifier and tuner you guys recommend to go along with what I have.
Thx

Welcome to AK! Congratulations on your acquisition. That CTF-1250 is one nice cassette deck. I think maybe an SA-9800 and the matching TX-9800.

Both of your items are top of the line or very close there to. The CTF is a grand unit with many options of control which two that I appreciated are the bias control and level output control. I have the CTF-950 and it is very close to the 1250 in many ways. You got a truly great cassette deck. The PL is also a very technically advanced turntable which might need to have repair or refurbish work done to it. Same with 1250. Give them a workout and see what you have, working or not. There are knowledgeable people here that can give you help if needed. A good amp to look for would be the Pioneer SA-9500MkII or the SA-9800, which has some great Flouroscan blue. Congrats on your find.

I also have Akai gx-77 in very good cosmetic condition. I don't have a use for it so might put it up for sale... Can anybody tell me anything about this player?

I also have Akai gx-77 in very good cosmetic condition. I don't have a use for it so might put it up for sale... Can anybody tell me anything about this player?

Personally, I'd just google for the price (mainly because discussion on price of something that you may sell is against the rules here). As far as info about the actual machine goes, it has the Akai glass heads which are pretty well indestructible and is a really neat looking player.

Being a 7" machine, it's probably not as desirable as a 10.5", but still a cool machine. My avatar is an Akai 10.5" which I will only release upon my death.

Kevin, you're absolutely right. I've already checked the prices of it on ebay...
Any ways, I really like the way the player look. But on the other hand I've seen yours and it's way cooler :) What speakers do you use with your setup ?

My speakers are Martin Logan Theos electrostats. They are fed from a variety of sources by a Bryston 4B ST power amp that kicks out 300 watts per channel according to the test sheet that came with it.

The effect is quite pleasant.

I bet it is :) and I'm going the same direction. I know it's gonna take some time for me to get all of the things I want and it's not gonna be cheep but I'm sure it's gonna be worth it.

It's always worth it. I've been pretty lucky with some of the deals I've found. I knew I'd reached audio nirvana when I finally heard that weird shimmering sound from an undamped cymbal for the first time on a recording I'd heard 100s of times.

By the way, where are you?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have old Sony turntable and bunch of records. Love it :)
Im in Palos Hills (southwest suburbs of Chicago) How about yourself?

Edmonton AB. Pity you're so far away. It was a long shot but I have a Pioneer hifi cabinet that I'm giving away.

It would have made a neat container for your Pioneer gear.

Ah well, in some ways it's better to have the stuff out on display rather than behind glass.

Hope the rest of your system comes together in short order.

Yeah, I hope so too. But I doubt it. I still have a lot to find and buy. And it's not cheep. But one step at a time and I'll get there :)

Back
Top Bottom