An all-recycling center system

hmegdal

Over the past two months, I have assembled the following in my office:

A Dual CS 620Q Turntable

An NEC CD-420 CD Player

An Onkyo TX-SR805 Receiver

All three were left at my nearby recycling center. All in wonderful working condition. Utilizing them with some ESM-2 speakers. It is glorious. IMG_8004.JPG IMG_2928.JPG IMG_2152.JPG IMG_0057.JPG

You are lucky to be able to rescue stuff like that. Our recycle center is one way- I think they threaten arrest if someone tries to take something.

Our recycle centre sells stuff cheap. Over the last couple of years I've had Yamaha, Technics, Akai, Rotel, Sony, Pioneer all for 5 to 10 bucks a unit.

I found a whole Pioneer surround setup with a really nice amp and 5.1 speakers all for $60 a while back and that is now rocking my sons bedroom :)

Cool recycling finds and welcome to AK :)

Shocked to see you picked up that Onkyo at recycling center. I know it's by no means new, but it still has HDMI and a lot of features. I purchased the one I have about a decade ago and it still works well. Be sure to keep it cool, as they were notorious for the HDMI board failing....I have always had cooling fans on the one I have that kick in at a certain temp. It's used in the living room, so I need to extend the life of the HDMI.

Cool man. I work at a recycling facility and have so far built two systems from stuff I've found. Amazing what some people throw away.

Back
Top Bottom