An update on our friend audiodon

Don, I am so sorry I wasn't able to visit with you during the holidays, as I had hoped. I was down and out with a severe cold, and felt it would not be wise to bring that to you.

My daughter asks about you often, and she enjoyed meeting you. I know that she regrets not having had a chance to bring you that fruit smoothie...

I think about you often and my main wish now is that you are not in any serious discomfort.

Dan mentioned that in the OP that you will probably not be able to receive visitors now, but if you ever feel up for having a (short) visit, please do let me know.

I just read this thread and it made the waterworks flow freely. I may not have known Don, but from all of the posts, I can only realize how much he has helped others on here. What a wonderful person. Reading this hit me hard as my Mom had ALS 30 years ago and this thread really brought back memories. I can understand what the family is going through. It is such a horrible disease. Many many thoughts and prayers go out to Don and his family during this time

Whenever I searched one of my threads (or someone elses) and saw a response from audiodon I knew it was going to be relevent and worthy of a read or two.

Audiodon, thank you for your love of Fisher and this wonderfl hobby.

My thoughts and prayers to you tonight.

Don will be missed by many. My wife met him a number of years back and that encounter has shaped her impression of the type of persons associated with this hobby.
Very humble, low key unassuming sort.

Thanx Don

Sad news indeed. Don was very active when I first found the forum and I truly admire and appreciate his contributions. A real class act.

All the very best to you and your family. I know we are feeling pain and sadness but nowhere near what you and yours are experiencing.

I had sent Don holiday wishes last month, just to say hello and wish him and his family well.

Some time had passed and I hadn't received any reply. Then, out of the blue, he replied back, wished me well and updated me on his condition.

Don, you are one-of-a-kind. A true gentleman, caring soul and friend for life!
As I told you on my PM, I think of you often and hope and wish for your well-being and your family as well.
There aren't many like you. Keep well my friend. My prayers are with you and your family.

God be with you!

Don,
Take care my friend, the world has been a better place for your being part of it.
I wish I had spent more time with you.
Ed

Thank you for the update on Don's condition. It's a darned shame that such a nice person is afflicted with this horrible disease. Peace to you, Don.

I was fortunate enough to meet up with Don last summer and buy one of his Fisher 500c projects. He is a rare individual in the best sense of the word. Hang in there.

Don, you've been as inspiring in dealing with adversity as you have in sharing your deep knowledge and passion for all things audio-related. I hope knowing that you've touched so many lives in so many ways brings your peace and comfort in the days, weeks and months ahead.

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts.

-Daren

Hello, Don. I had not heard of your condition, and while I don't know you, your posts say volumes about the man inside the body.
I hope that you are comfortable and surrounded by those who love you, and that you are free of pain and fear.

Be at peace, Don, and know that you have made an impression on countless AudioKarma members who may never meet or know you.
Be strong and I wish you and your family the absolute best.

Tim

Don for no good reason, not really knowing who I am, did something very nice for me. I guess that just goes to show how there are some extraordinarily good people in this world and Don is one of the top.

Here's hoping that everyday Don finds something to bring him the kind of joy he has brought to others.

My hat is off to you Don.

Am sending sincere best wishes to Don - - may he find some comfort and be surrounded by loved ones. He and I met only a couple times at Frank's fest in Clinton, and to this newbie he couldn't have been more welcoming and kind and generous with his knowledge and enthusiasm. My family has had direct experience with ALS, and it is a most difficult and helpless situation - - - sympathies and compassion are sent to his immediate and extended families.

Don, you are one who has always given of himself, sharing your knowledge, warmth and good friendship without question or thought for recompense.
While this disease is a merciless taker of the physical it is no match for your character and soul.
Who you are shines out to me like a beacon. Know that you are an inspiration, greatly admired and loved. Thank you for sharing of yourself. We never met in person but I feel honored, and my life deeply enriched, from knowing you through this community, our communications and dealings. Would that I could in some way repay all that.
You and your family are in my prayers. Peace, love and happiness, always.

Don, you've been an indispensable part of the "FrankenFests" over the years, and they just aren't the same without your presence. I and others cannot thank you enough for all that you've done for this community. We all will keep you and your family in our hearts, and keep the 7868s burning in your honor.
-Adam

Don, I don't believe we have corresponded directly - and yet I have gleaned so much from your contributions to AK. Thank you and all my best to you and yours.

Blake

Back
Top Bottom