Analogue Studio Mirrored Cartridge Alignment Protractor

I believe I have one that is similar if not identical in one of my tools/parts drawers. Works fine, but I now just use the alignment protractors that come with the tonearm. To me a paper protractor is easier to use, a mirror can be helpful but you have to deal with it's parallax effect.

I have one and use it in combination with a paper gauge.It has its pros + cons. It depends on the cart. Because it is glass ,it is hard to keep the stylus from sliding, but that can be a good thing also by not snagging the stylus and causing damage. I find it most useful with bulky, odd shaped carts ,or low riders ,where it is hard to see the stylus. Use of a small flashlight is also helpful when using it. It is nice to have another tool in the box.

I believe I have one that is similar if not identical in one of my tools/parts drawers. Works fine, but I now just use the alignment protractors that come with the tonearm. To me a paper protractor is easier to use, a mirror can be helpful but you have to deal with it's parallax effect.
The TT I bought is secondhand, it came without any of the orig. packaging nor papers.

Isn't the parallax effect why a mirror is used here?

Don't know what alignment is used
... probably Baerwald. Worth a try if the alignment is desirable for the price.

Whatever the effect is called, I didn't prefer the mirror. But, it works just fine, I should have been more specific. For it's low cost it's a decent tool.

Analogue Studio Mirrored Cartridge Alignment Protractor:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Analogue-S...007SOO0AC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Would like to know if anyone is using this product, and is it effective as to have earned 4.5 stars from amazon.uk?
I have one and never use it. The mirror is handy for setting azimuth, difficult for alignment.

Nowhere in the package does it tell you what it is setting the nulls to. I like to know that. There are no instructions.

Best alignment tool is Conrad Hoffman’s free software. Once you have it you enter your tonearm pivot to spindle distance. You can then make a protractor for Stevenson, Baerwald, or Lofgren alignments. You print the protractor on nice paper, label it and store it with you manuals.

Looks fine, price is right.

I'm partial to the Geo-Disc.

IMG_1752_zpspssybfzm.jpg

IMG_3283_zpscbd035f8.jpg

IMG_3254_zps48963046.jpg

IMG_3256_zps7f8c3408.jpg

I use an old make-up mirror to verify azimuth.

Back
Top Bottom