And the Audiokarma Member of the Year for 2011 is…

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
…known only to me, for the next few seconds.

Before I announce the winner, I would like to thank all the voters who sent in their choices. Your participation in this process is what makes this award such an honour. To those individuals who were cited for their contribution to AK, personally, and on behalf of the Audiokarma owners, staff and members, I wholeheartedly thank you for all you bring to our community.

Here, in alphabetical order, is the list of those persons nominated for Member of the Year, for 2011:

Altec
Andyman
avionic
Bentpencil
Big Tuna
Buglegirl
catman
catrafter
Celt
Crotalus
dcgillespie
doucanoe
dr*audio
EchoWars
ecluser
ETLS
Fisherdude
fotno
galaxie65
GordonW
Guiller
hpsenicka
Hyperion
Jailtime
jaymanaa
JohnVF
Kegger
Ken Boyd
Kevzep
kpaxfaq
markthefixer
merrylander
mhardy6647
Mike Gibson
Mr. Lin
naderpe
Oilmaster
onepixel
pmsummer
Rajoo
RayW
Redboy
Retroman98
RichPA
Robie
Rome
SandyG
Sir.Byrd
Spartanmanor
specialidiot
thedelihaus
TheRed1
Tinkerbelle
Tom Bavis
Turbokeu
Urizen

Many of the above are making their annual appearance on this list, and have for several years. As well, the admins were nominated, but remain ineligible. Nonetheless, we thank you for your submission. You honour us by that action.

As you can see, the nominees come from every corner of Audiokarma. I would be proud to present the winner’s plaque to any of them. The list includes techs, elder statesmen, younger members, and the young-at-heart. Together, the tapestry of AK is rich in colour, texture and variety. All in all, a fine place to be.

Without further ado, I give you the Audiokarma Member of the Year, for 2011:

Clay Nicolsen

aka

FISHERDUDE

Clay has served as a moderator for many years, but his service is eclipsed by his passion for audio, and his knowledge of Fisher gear. Possessed of a keen analytical mind, and well-defined opinions, Clay has a talent for examining a problem, and cutting through the extraneous bits, to the heart of the matter.

Rather than run on with my opinion of him, let me quote one of the nominators:

"Clay is ever-present helping all members or guiding them with a gentle yet firm hand when necessary to stay within the rules and the spirit of AudioKarma never loosing sight of the AK mantra of All Audio - No Attitude. Clay's influence truly does help to make AK the best website on the net!"

Thank you, Clay, congratulations, and welcome.

By the way, just a word or two about this year's race. It was close, right to the end. Sunday afternoon, there was a three-way tie, with another four nominees within two votes. If your nominee didn't win, it's not because it was a runaway.

If your name is on the list above, take pride in the fact that your presence here on AK means a great deal to many of us, here on the best site on the web.

Thank you all.

Congratulations Clay.

Clay works hard for AK and is deserving of this award.

Alan

A well deserved round, and round of applause to Clay. Thanks for everything you've been to this place over the years (and for convincing me to buy my first piece of Fisher tube amplification, my most-used component over the years).

Congrats Clay. I see your responces all over the place and you deserve this years award. Keep it going.
Dan

Back
Top Bottom