And tonight the last of Bobbyshreds Infinity stuff is for sale

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Subscriber
Bobbyshreds wife has the last of his Infinity speakers (plus a servo control) listed on ebay.
I wonder if that's how all of our stuff will end up after we are gone.

Last edited:
Bobbyshreds wife has the last of his Infinity gear listed on ebay.
I wonder if that's how all of our stuff will end up after we are gone.

Since nothing I buy seems to leave it could be how my stuff ends up at least.

If my stuff ends up on eBay because the wife, kids or family don't want it, that's fine by me.
Better for them to make a few bucks off of it than throwing it in a dumpster.

BTW, who is (was) Bobbyshred?:dunno:

I used to know a guy with that nickname who was involved in collecting and trading ROIO - Recordings of Indeterminate Origin (aka bootlegs) ..
Anyone know if its the same guy - the one I knew was (I think) on the west coast USA.

I have very few living relatives--mother, father, uncle and sister. I often joke that if something happens to me (healthwise) that I am just going to put Post-It notes on everything, so they know what to sell it for.

Since I seem to only buy and never sell there could be a good size pile of audio gear when I go.
I have considered putting values on each piece or a master sheet showing values for whoever ends up with my stuff.

Last edited:
I've already had a couple of friends inquire about being willed my McIntosh tube gear when I croak and I'm only 52.o_O They're only kidding, right?:dunno:

When I got married the only thing of value I owned were a stereo, some records, some motorcycles and a race car. Now I've almost hit 60 I've accumulated a few more stereos, some more records and CD's, another motorcycle and a faster race car. Oh, the trappings of success.

Thanks to standuffer and goodolpg for the links, BTW.
I just acquired a pair of Infinity 2000.3 speakers from my brother who wasn't using them.
Unfortunately they're not listed on Bobbyshreds site, still I'm sure there's some info there that will be of interest/use to me.
Very cool that he had an awesome friend willing to keep the site going. :beerchug:
The company you keep tells others what kind of person you are. Must have been a pretty cool guy.

I used to know a guy with that nickname who was involved in collecting and trading ROIO - Recordings of Indeterminate Origin (aka bootlegs) ..
Anyone know if its the same guy - the one I knew was (I think) on the west coast USA.

Though much of the original Bobby Shred web site content, isn't included in the Infinity section, Bobby had several other areas on his site, detailing other interests. One section was dedicated to his love of music, and his vast LP/CD collections. And I 'believe' Bobby was based in Northern VA. So, it might be the same person you knew. If so, I'm sorry that this is how you found out. Bobby seemed like a nice person, sharing our enthusiasm with equipment and music. I'm glad at least, his Infinity section is still being maintained.

Oh, I'm wrong (not unusual). There are still links to the music area. Fun stuff too. Anyone who likes Kate Bush is OK by me!

http://bobbyshred.baberuthband.co.uk/default.htm

Back
Top Bottom