And we have another Fisher Console...

cooljjay

Well I went short of late to a sale today, not a great description of what was there etc. I went and turned out it was a hoarders home. I seen what I thought was a custom speaker barred under a table with years of books and magazines. I pulled it out and then she says I think this goes with it and there was the phono. Its a nice piece but wasn't expecting to drag home another console. Not sure of the model but one EL84 appears to be missing, shame to because the other is the fisher mullard. l also found a really nice open baffled wharfedale speaker.

250kvme.jpg

2uigdnp.jpg

fxtdsl.jpg

micgbc.jpg

Most interesting - a two-piece mono console. The GE VR cart is a nice find.

The Wharfedale is an interesting design - do you have a pic of the back?

Cool Fisher, but that's a great Wharfedale! Member doucanoe has one, and there's a thread somewhere around here about his restoration of it.

Most interesting - a two-piece mono console. The GE VR cart is a nice find.

The Wharfedale is an interesting design - do you have a pic of the back?

I think I have enough of those GE carts to retire on :D

Heres a photo of the back of the wharfedale, I wish there was 2. I didn't see another, it may have been just a mono rig but I will stop back by the house and see if another one floated to the surface.

mcyf0x.jpg

Cool Fisher, but that's a great Wharfedale! Member doucanoe has one, and there's a thread somewhere around here about his restoration of it.

Is he in California? I would love to find another but I think it will look cool with this mono rig, that I found.

k9gjz9.jpg

Is that a Theme II tuner? It's a little hard to read, but looks just like my Rondo, only mine doesn't have a tuning meter. That Wharfie looks very promising. :thmbsp:

Is that a Theme II tuner? It's a little hard to read, but looks just like my Rondo, only mine doesn't have a tuning meter. That Wharfie looks very promising. :thmbsp:

Yes thats what it is, things with original papers will be the death of me :D I love the looks of the wharfie but I am soooo out of corners :tears: I need a warehouse :D

9runbb.jpg

Theme 1 and theme 2 wreaked havoc in Jason's console lined apartment. In the car they pinged around in his passenger cabin. He had to lift them, carry them, store them, . . . and everywhere there was a paper trail.

You should trade your Wharfdale to Ron ( doyoucanoe ) and deliver it to him in Minasota , by the time you get back home you will be puling a trailer filled with hi dollar consoles that found you on the way out and back .

Mark

Cool find, Jason. Is it a curse or a gift, this sixth console sense you have?

Here is an ad from Apr. 1956 for your combo, the Series 101 Consolette and the SS accessory speaker system (What is an Audio Perspective Generator?):

Series101SSApr56.jpg

Cool find, Jason. Is it a curse or a gift, this sixth console sense you have?

I think its a curse, and I think who ever out there doing it knows my weakness for original paper work. I can just see them up there on the clouds laughing everytime they put a new one in my path :D But I do love it, just wish they would cruse me with a large storage area :D

What the hell is "an 8 inch Audio Perspective Generator"?

I have no idea, but imagine they sold a few based on they what factor hehe I will crack her open in a little bit

I use a storage area for my parents' stuff. It's called AAA storage and I believe it might be a franchise. They rent international shipping containers . . . the kind TVs come from China in. Impervious to heat and cold and put on blocks, not on the ground. Mine's $100/month. Here in the Northeast, we've got four seasons and stuff, including papers have been in there a year without a spot of mold or mildew forming. No affiliation . ..

my gramophone 101 had 3 jensen pr-8x speakers in it. my assumption is the companion speaker had the larger drivers. cool find! i listen to the amp from mine nearly daily at work.

my gramophone 101 had 3 jensen pr-8x speakers in it. my assumption is the companion speaker had the larger drivers.
Madwing, I believe yours is the '56 model 101 and Jason's is an earlier '55. The '55 101s were advertised as having 2 speakers, the '56s - 3.

The Series 101/202 Consolettes were Fisher's first foray into the lower cost radio-phonograph field. That series ran for two years and was replaced by the Series 50/60 Consolettes in 1957; those in turn were replaced by the Series 51/61's in 1958 and finally the 510/610's in 1959. The lower number was always the phonograph only model and the chassis were usually the same number as the Consolette's model number. Who will be first to collect all eight Fisher Consolettes with their appropriate matching speakers - for a total of 16 big wood boxes? Stacked they would make an interesting room divider.

The SS (Speaker System) ad copy seems to hint at stereo . . . from Nov. '55:

For marvelous realism with panoramic sound effect, add a matching 3-speaker unit to your Fisher phonograph or radio-phonograph. A 15" coaxially mounted "woofer" and "tweeter" plus an 8" speaker, in one compact unit, may be placed anywhere in the room for realistic direction for those who desire a new adventure in the world of sound.

Last edited:
red, i think you're right. still, should be the same amp.

jason, i have the service manual i can send you if you pm me an address (assuming it's a "chassis no. 50").

That's interesting that your 101 has a "50" chassis. I wonder if Fisher switched over to the new chassis sometime before the Series 50 Consolette launched in late 1956 or if your 101 was updated with a newer model chassis.

What is the tube compliment of your "50"?

And, Jason, what chassis does your 101 have? I would assume it's a 101 but one never knows with Fisher.

Back
Top Bottom