And we have another Fisher Console...

What the hell is "an 8 inch Audio Perspective Generator"?

Passive radiator would be my guess. They've called those things all sorts of crazy names over the years. I think Philco called them Acoustic Clarifiers in the late 30s.

Who will be first to collect all eight Fisher Consolettes with their appropriate matching speakers - for a total of 16 big wood boxes? Stacked they would make an interesting room divider.

Ummm do you really have to ask that question? :D

And, Jason, what chassis does your 101 have? I would assume it's a 101 but one never knows with Fisher.

Nope its a chassis 50.

Heres more photos after 4 hours of disassembling and cleaning, now I need to bake it for awhile and see if I can get any sound. A few pluses found the lose EL84, all the original Mullard tubes but the el84's look well used. Under the chassis is very clean no signs of past problems, turntable idler is nice n flexible still. There is in fact a 15" jensen coaxial and 4 8" jensens..lots o speakers for such a small thing.

35he8gy.jpg

2e38uwy.jpg

29lgt1f.jpg

2dvri2r.jpg

2eatg8l.jpg

118etfp.jpg

Where are the 2 8" Jensens mounted in the SS aux speaker cabinet? And are they generating any "audio perspective" for you?

Where are the 2 8" Jensens mounted in the SS aux speaker cabinet? And are they generating any "audio perspective" for you?

There are 3 jensens 8" in the cabinet with the phono and there is one, mounted in the back of the ss cab. I have no idea why there is one on the back. I can't say for sure if it will provide me with "audio perspective" but I can now say I can hear it, can't you? :D

that is a really cool console. . . and I'm drooling over the open baffle Wharfedale :yes:

Hell . . . I'd run the Wharfedale off that Fisher EL84 mono amp and call it a day :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom