And you think turntables get packed poorly??

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
My wife is hanging out over at the artsy Etsy site and todays hot topic is pictured below.

Apparently someone purchased over $300 of milk paint and brushes and it was shipped in Mason jars wrapped with a single layer of bubble wrap stuffed snug in Priority Mail boxes with little or no padding.

Let's just say we all know how this turned out....:yikes:

I think this qualifies as pretty clueless as to how to pack and what goes on in transit...:yes:

pqM8VCklEUrr_4fBgLSGB26My6kbarSLKQxOJtwtQG5f7aBinfXKGWRR7YTS4y38oP5fYE_EXrbo1xYvenQq7zZgcTqaR8GxyLQ1_XrNJGeLmagmWAYotMKlDDbW7g5tZ8rmoj09JEvSXGPZWKN01QAj-i8EOvoIFI9AZGnOdWKpBmuXhAR5MqnATA1LzZYpNUANPn9clwweQAD7TC4kITAReEtaziysWLqCXZ7Scg1nNDIdcQ=s0-d-e1-ft

sJVrYP8NPWvbAdDHEpCckwU_Cyei4wX7Xd6jUqX6v3DTJ2bXkp-cd8T8bDugycfzyeN97q3bfj6cILrQTi3RzpWeudHdL_dy2nNbQn8vRUZ8e0rDsYpQyA1fCD_5tce28n-NyVzJB8-yGxH0yTFObD5C3-pn0OGrgfZcyXV0R_iQHKWkR98zz8ybBM45LJyHGPrhdkskVj5lvoqtZGarUnlwxPjuVC-XYgRciy1-HmhfsXE=s0-d-e1-ft

MuayUAeR_gV_HaHlp9JNtw8cnIs1qQXAqPT2DI3MP_QXTCSA9S4I4JkOJuZuOr5dqycUiVDnQg0u7yiMOnBPzXIFz37DfrEwOF27QKMgEuuBHPs1Yxh6GUIdxsuKBJhmA1c4FxXx_vUGr6fuYmKrQk85SwGATAS0NRowrwmxjaTvllXtmm6LYVGROqNh26InJKqhVhbKWtPqkAIti0k1wSVGnCUP28jgMIjb9nuStseh5Zg=s0-d-e1-ft

yh3IDR_I42QbLpiIxOHfMEz50_j_y_b0d1U5sxfAw-q57KxLhgO7KENUZoysjli56q1hAuFcH5m_D39iOkrzEuMApuA_DTuK4wVUioEul1wM7T-cRbS5l5ZYnAEFdQlqPxOrfPZSq8awX7ASwU1SlUZXxnd1W_YEaCabhQ4GDfaW8JoOJ8f2sXaKHetUIvjGTc5lgq4JSfERkEh6dsdKGm4-PsaoegDiUoEkxENyz9bIYJ8=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
I can't believe it continued through the system when it was obviously leaking on everything. :sigh:

Makes you really appreciate when someone goes the extra mile to properly pack something. I am sure those paints and brushes can be replaced without much difficulty. Not always the case on vintage turntable dust covers and tone arms.

As a guy who's packed literally tons of stuff, it just shocks me that anyone would think a package that heavy and that delicate would not get destroyed in transit. Or be that oblivious to how things get handled.

Did they really think that the USPS would care for that particular carton with the same degree of care they did transporting it to the PO?

Well, maybe they wrote "FRAGILE" on it..:lmao:

Hoo boy, I could just see the delivery guy walking to the door with paint dripping out of the corner of the box shaking his head, lol.

As a guy who's packed literally tons of stuff, it just shocks me that anyone would think a package that heavy and that delicate would not get destroyed in transit. Or be that oblivious to how things get handled.

Did they really think that the USPS would care for that particular carton with the same degree of care they did transporting it to the PO?

Andy you would be amazed at some of the packing jobs I have received even from members of AK who swore their packing skills were superb :yes:

i got a 60 lb amp once that was packed in an over sized box that had a hand full of squished peanuts at the bottom for protection. There had to be 6 inches on all sides of the box for it to flop around in and damage things.

There is no depth of carelessness and stupidity that people will not sink too and it does not surprise me in the least.

Regards Snow

And I thought packing a cat like this was bad...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cat in a box.jpg
    Cat in a box.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 345
Andy you would be amazed at some of the packing jobs I have received even from members of AK who swore their packing skills were superb :yes:

i got a 60 lb amp once that was packed in an over sized box that had a hand full of squished peanuts at the bottom for protection. There had to be 6 inches on all sides of the box for it to flop around in and damage things.

There is no depth of carelessness and stupidity that people will not sink too and it does not surprise me in the least.

Regards Snow

Was his name Andy:D

These days, I think FRAGILE written or taped all over the box is more of a personal challenge to shipping personnel than a precautionary measure. "Hey Fred--we really got to hit this one a little harder".

Back
Top Bottom