Andyman's Main rig

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
I'll play too, even drag over some pics...

Speakers: JBL LE14 Econowaves with Selenium D210 compression drivers

Preamp: Yaqin M12B with RCA triple mica blackplate 5751s in place of the 12AX7s, and 12BH7s in place of the 12AU7s

Amplifier: Keggerized Magnavox 8802 with 6BL8 drivers and 6K6G power tubes. also my Almarro A205 SEP EL84 amplifier

CD/SACD source
: Pioneer DV-563A

Turntable: Denon DP-57L

Cartridge: Denon DL-301 MkII MC cart.

Phono stage: Kenwood Basic C2 MC phono section

Tuner(s)
: I have two hooked up. a Sansui TU-7900 is the main one, but I have a sweet looking Sherwood S-2000 II also.

DAC: Musical Fidelity V-DAC to run iTunes from the desktop computer via USB

Music I prefer: Blues, jazz, classic rock, acoustic guitar, piano, and classical. Basically all that 60's/70's college stuff and what i've come to like since then.

Some pics that are already scattered about AK

The system about 2 years ago..

attachment.php

The Keggerized 8802 all dressed up:

attachment.php

Closeup of a speaker right after the build..

attachment.php

Last edited:
Damn, that 8802 is a beauty. I'm diggin' the 6K6G tubes.

What's the veneer on your 'waves?

Thanks!
It's remarkable what a can of Hammerite, some blue tape and some shop scraps can do..:yes:

The veneer is Santos Rosewood which I got a deal on. It's raw, unbacked, flitches that took a LOT of work to match up; there's about 8 small sheets on each face. Never again...

Unfortunately, I sold it shortly after that picture was taken. In an attempt to simplify, I got out of reel to reel and most of my cassettes, and used some of the funds raised to buy the V-DAC and go digital.

I just didn't play the tapes much and with no tape outs on the tube preamp ( the Kenny wasn't in the rig then as I was using a home-brew SUP), i wasn't recording much either.

Now the tunas get the bumpy ride :D

Maybe I'll clean the joint up a bit and get some 2011 pics up this weekend...:scratch2:

Looks great Andy. Gonna have to swing by and give it a listen one of these days.

That's some good looking stuff you have!

Does that Almarro have the juice to push those speakers to your satisfaction?

Kinda looks like rosewood or walnut with a red stain..

Thanks for all the kind comments guys!!

All I did is hit it with some BLO to pop the grain and then shot a couple coats of Deft. The 8802 is more the actual color, the speaker does look a bit red in that pic, but you can see the base behind the 8802 and see how they match.

That's some good looking stuff you have!

Does that Almarro have the juice to push those speakers to your satisfaction?

So far it does, but I don't drive it to ear splitting levels much anymore. I know for a fact my wife and kids think it gets too loud though :yes:

Andy Man , My hero, I bought a Vector Research receiver, off you and work's great, used you for a reference on this web site and now I feel I may be part of the family, had some- ask for advice on some Sansui Rack stuff that I had no idea how to help him,Bluesky, Told him to start a thread and someone could help him out,Right? Hope to stop bye one day with a six -pack and talk stereo till dawn. You're a Kool Guy, Just wish your wife agreed, does's she mind stereo people coming by?

Back
Top Bottom