Angled headshells

Glad it worked for you.

As for a cork mat, the auction site has plenty of them, but you can also look at the double sided suede ones as well. I personally liked how they sounded over cork. I use both still but on different tables. The double sided suede is 1 mm thick and would be good on your Yamaha as it won't really affect VTA

Mine has the added perk of adjustable VTA :thumbsup:

So the cork mat...

The one i left pressed at home is still curved. Not even slightly usable.
The one i cut at work, and then ironed, is flat. And warped. And it's about 1/2"dia too big now, so ironing the above mat is also not an option.
:whip:
I'll try this again tomorrow...

step 1) iron
step 2) cut
step 3) see if there's a step #4.

Mine has the added perk of adjustable VTA :thumbsup:

So the cork mat...

The one i left pressed at home is still curved. Not even slightly usable.
The one i cut at work, and then ironed, is flat. And warped. And it's about 1/2"dia too big now, so ironing the above mat is also not an option.
:whip:
I'll try this again tomorrow...

step 1) iron
step 2) cut
step 3) see if there's a step #4.

so you have the 751 then? I really liked that table for what it is. Plays exceptionally well and quiet for a "plastic mold" table as "audiophiles" call them. I like the adjustable weight for VTF,and the VTA.

There's a thread on here if you haven't seen it yet on "how to" for this line.

750. was the US-only version of the 751 i believe, same as far as i can tell save the 750 doesn't have a locking armrest. :crazy:

I dragged this one back from the grave. it was dead on so many levels... motor board physically busted in two, rusted arm bearings. speed control had a blown resistor. Of course the stylus was snapped off.
Fun really.

Back
Top Bottom