Anomalies/ blunders during a recording

You can hear Merry Clayton’s voice crack at about 2:59. The intensity/strain of the song was believed to have caused her to miscarriage....sad for such a classic song.

Poor vocal double tracking on "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood. It's good thru most of the tune, but bad in one specific place. Back in the day, I brought it to my buddy's attention, and he later said that ruined the song for him. Not ruined in my eyes, though -- just a goof. One of those things it would have taken 3 minutes to fix during the session, though. Or 'cut and paste' with current equipment.

Always wondered if this was a gaff or how it was originally meant to be. Thinking we are missing some part of the story of this recording. John Mayall -Good Looking Stranger.

Going back a ways here ... Toscanini was noted for making all sorts of noises during live recordings, including humming along with the music ...

My favorite recent example was Alabama Shakes Hold On from the first album, where they blew a bass amp towards the end and just kept on truckin' as it slowly died ...

Going back a ways here ... Toscanini was noted for making all sorts of noises during live recordings, including humming along with the music ...
Maybe that's where Keith Jarrett learned it.

Back
Top Bottom