Another 550T saved.

Is speaker efficiency the same as sensitivity?

Before committing to the ELAC's, I just picked up the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR's that have a sensitivity of 85 db....and are also 6 ohm speakers....should they work okay?

I tried the 9-10 o'clock volume setting and played some music using the aux, streaming music from Pandora through my phone. Before I could check for excessive heat, I noticed that the volume had to be up about half full to get any decent sound out of the speakers. That seemed a little odd, so I selected the tuner and found an AM station that came in clearly. The same volume settings on AM selection were way louder, like the amp was working more efficiently on the tuner setting. Does that make sense?

I didn't want to run the receiver too much more if something's out of wack.

The pots and switches were Deox'ed a few weeks ago....nothing else has been done to the 660. I'm confident it is bone stock.

I guess I'm wondering if you experience the same thing with your 550, is there a big difference between the aux and the tuner volume response?

Attachments

• IMG_20160912_122942747.jpg
    IMG_20160912_122942747.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Larry...What happened to pics? I've been using them as reference. I have this thing torn apart and am having voltage situations. We are ironing them out one by one but the pics have really helped. Can I see em somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom