Another Black Afternoon

KingBubba

"Too Much Stuff"
This area of Florida did not seem to me to be as rainy as the Orlando area, except for this Summer. For the last two weeks we have been covered by an afternoon darkness and then the rain comes. The number of daily storms has been uninterrupted now for two weeks. I have been in my bedroom listening to my bedroom system today and here comes the dark, followed by the thunder, followed by the torrents. It was so dark today that I had to turn the lights on. It has been pouring. My grass is so tall and thick that I wonder if I ever will get it cut. Here come the torrents again. See ya.

Just a question. What is "rain"?

Is it worth to google it? Can't remember something like that.

When the clouds turn loose of their condensed humidity, it falls back to Earth in the form of droplets of water.

We had a very dark storm move through our area two days ago. Knocked out our power for 5 hours! Storm only lasted about 30 minutes, heavy rain with wind. The sun came out right after. Was strange to have a sunny day then, with no power! Had to use a lanterns in the evening, power came back on around 10:15 pm. Was the same day I mounted a new Audio Technica VM540ML cartridge, broke off a part on my SME 3009 tonearm in the process! What a day that was!

By the end of the day yesterday, we had three separate storm fronts come through, including one that came through around 9:30 pm. Great nightime lightning.

This area of Florida did not seem to me to be as rainy as the Orlando area, except for this Summer. For the last two weeks we have been covered by an afternoon darkness and then the rain comes. The number of daily storms has been uninterrupted now for two weeks. I have been in my bedroom listening to my bedroom system today and here comes the dark, followed by the thunder, followed by the torrents. It was so dark today that I had to turn the lights on. It has been pouring. My grass is so tall and thick that I wonder if I ever will get it cut. Here come the torrents again. See ya.

Yep, KingBubba, I here ya, it seems like if my area is not getting it, your area is, as I daily monitor Jax. FL. radar, which happens to cover(Brooksville) you too, and I sometimes see your getting hammered by intense "frog stranglers, as we "FL. Crackers" call `em !!
I was born and raised here, so really nothing new/different this time of year..
Business, as usual, just protect your family, yourself, and electrical/electronic equipment from "Thor`s lightning bolts"!!

We got some very heavy bolts a few days ago. They were very close. Three times in a row, I heard a loud Zzzzzttt in the window where the a/c is, followed close thereafter by a huge boom. I've never had that happen before.

By the end of the day yesterday, we had three separate storm fronts come through, including one that came through around 9:30 pm. Great nightime lightning.

I love to watch the sky fireworks, the closer & more intense, the better !! :thumbsup: I go out on my open, but roofed back patio/porch whenever a good badass one descends upon my local area, which can be often nearly all spring/summer in NE. FL.

Ewww baby, a million volts, @ a million amps, bring it on !! Show me what you got !! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom