Another broken faceplate due to idiocracy.

Thocom

This arrived today. Puchased on the bay.. I told him to make sure the glass was well protected. Cross country with a single layer of bubble wrap..wtf..
I haven't bothered to unpack it any further due to the fact that I might throw up...

I told the seller and he said," wow, I thought I packed that well.. I think I insured it"

What do you do in this case?

IMG_9617.JPG IMG_9616.JPG

Mcintosh Labs offer replacement glass for many models, as do the folks at mcintoshaudio in knoxville. See if it is available and if seller is willing to pay for replacement glass. if not, file a return claim with ebay, seller will have to pay for return shipping and original purchase price incl. shipping.

I wonder if they carry this, it's a MVP831 DVD/cd player?

Do you call Mcintosh directly?

Thanks, that was perfect.

This was incredibly poorly packed. A single layer of bubble wrap, in a box that was too small, where It flopped around inside. Shipped from coast to coast. Crazy...
I wonder if I should fully unpack the player to see if it actually works before going any further. I will need to put a claim in with eBay.

That's a nice player. I replaced the glass on mine (got it right from the factory). It's not that hard to do. I don't know what you paid, but that is a 300.00 job (parts 150.00 and your time for labor, pain and suffering).I would ask for that much back before anything. You can still test it as it is before you attempt the repair or commit to it, as long as the switches aren't dangling and short something out. Did you get the remote with it?

Arrrgghhh I hate seeing that. I hope Mcintosh has a new one for you. The 831 is an excellent player and just happens to be my newest piece having arrived just this Sunday. Mine was a local pickup from the bay as I was afraid of having mine arrive busted like that. Good luck to you.

That's a nice player. I replaced the glass on mine (got it right from the factory). It's not that hard to do. I don't know what you paid, but that is a 300.00 job (parts 150.00 and your time for labor, pain and suffering).I would ask for that much back before anything. You can still test it as it is before you attempt the repair or commit to it, as long as the switches aren't dangling and short something out. Did you get the remote with it?

No remote, or manual, although that wasn't mentioned in the listing either, I suppose that's on me for not asking.

I got a good deal on it, I'm wondering if I got TOO good a deal.

I would send that back...get your money back and buy another one. Doubtful the carrier will cover that, the way the seller packed it, and you shouldn't have to deal with it.
I agree; and with it being bashed around like that who knows what it may have disturbed internally as well

I put in a claim/return request with eBay. The seller sent me a FedEx claim number at the same time..

Shipper should file the claim with FedEx or it gets complicated.

Seller is an idiot.

The eBay buyer protection has you 100%. If you just don't want the hassle, file a return for Not As Described and eventually you will get 100% money back, including shipping.
If they want it back, they need to send a label, or eBay will send one.
Seller is on the hook for this, 100%. They either step up, do the work or I'd just shove it right up their seller feedback tube.

I am speaking as a very active seller.
These are the retards that have made selling on eBay a pain.

Send him a link to the Packing & Shipping Forum after you get your money back. Not that I expect he'll read it but you never know.

I don't know if I did it right but on the last thing I bought off ebay was a Thorens TD125 with an SME 3009 for 475.00. The table came to me with dent in the tonearm tube. I found another tube for 60.00. I told the seller I needed 200.00 back and I would not send the TT back ( I did not file a claim through ebay). He credited my paypal account 200.00 and I was happy. I was suggesting to the OP he contact the seller and ask for 300.00 because that would cover him and then some, but if he did not want to hassle with it than that is understandable. Most people don't want to screw with the stuff. If I know what I am doing with regards to repair I don't mind. It can wind up a better deal for me and the seller may not want to pay shipping back. Just my thoughts.

Shipper should file the claim with FedEx or it gets complicated.

Seller is an idiot.

The eBay buyer protection has you 100%. If you just don't want the hassle, file a return for Not As Described and eventually you will get 100% money back, including shipping.
If they want it back, they need to send a label, or eBay will send one.
Seller is on the hook for this, 100%. They either step up, do the work or I'd just shove it right up their seller feedback tube.

I am speaking as a very active seller.
These are the retards that have made selling on eBay a pain.

Yeah, it really isn't that difficult an item to pack properly, and with the cost of it, double boxing was in order, or at LEAST more than a single layer of bubble wrap flat up against the side wall of the box!
I made of point of asking to make sure it was packed very well because of the glass.
I have already put in a return request because item is damaged. I think they got rid of "item not as described" because it wasn't in the list of reasons for the return. I received a note from eBay saying he has until 4/12 to reply.
We will see what happens.

I did notice a change to the return reasons a while ago.
The list changed but I didn't make note of the new choices.

They know "not as described" was a huge loop hole.
It completely facilitated aiding and abetting criminal activity, since eBay always ruled on the buyer's side.
I am surprised someone didn't use that to make a fortune and skip town.
I'd love to see a class action lawsuit leveled against eBay for that whole system.

I wonder what they will do with returns where the item is not actually returned.
I has one retard send back a broken item claiming it was the one I sold him.
I lost the whole deal with eBay but he had a business so I filed a complaint with the BBB.
He had a perfect record with them until that happened.

That sucks. But, this is why we continually recommend against using any other than McIntosh packaging for safe transit. Even if that means that you have to purchase the correct box from Audio Classics and ship to the seller.

Good luck here.

Back
Top Bottom