Another Fisher score!!

chameloman72

This little SA-16 is the most musical amp I have ever heard :banana:! I like it better than my 1800 I just got recently and my little single ended maggy 8601! I recapped the whole amp in less than 30 minutes! There's hardly anything under the chassis! VERY CLEAN and came with a quad of Amperex bugle boy EL84's, two telefunken 12ax7 smooth plates and two mullard 6ca4's!! :music:

Attachments

• sa-16 003.jpg
    sa-16 003.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 111
  • sa-16 006.jpg
    sa-16 006.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 85
  • sa-16 007.jpg
    sa-16 007.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 54
Looks very tasty. Congrats. FL is obviously rich with vintage tube treasures. That's likely due in no small part to the vast retiree population. Killer score.

I'm 2 weeks away from bringing my first THE FISHER receiver home, the 800C. I'm paying market value for it. Which is fine as i'm quite sure it will continue to hold it's value for many many years to come.

This little SA-16 is the most musical amp I have ever heard :banana:! I like it better than my 1800 I just got recently and my little single ended maggy 8601! I recapped the whole amp in less than 30 minutes! There's hardly anything under the chassis! VERY CLEAN and came with a quad of Amperex bugle boy EL84's, two telefunken 12ax7 smooth plates and two mullard 6ca4's!! :music:

Not much can touch a well-designed EL84 amplifier. They just have a certain 'rightness' about them.

-D

A beaut!!

Really nice looking piece, and in pretty good condition as well.

How about a review on the sonics.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom