1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Another kr 8050

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by rbspop, Oct 5, 2018.

1. rbspop

rbspop rbs55pop Subscriber

Hi All,
    First let me thank all who helped me with my last 8050. I got it up and running and now my son is enjoying it.
    And now for my current dilemma: I have a rather pristine looking 8050 that I found at a garage sale. I have up loaded a picture of the Preamp board (X08-1740-10) that obviously needs help. While the board was in the unit I jumpered several (many) of the lifted (fubared) traces and everything worked. I would either like to get another board or have this one repaired. Any ideas as to where I might do one or the other of those options?` Preamp KR 8050.jpg

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Watthour

Watthour Electron Rancher - JS3600

Foil trace repair can be a little tedious. It often requires bonding on copper foil, adding eyelets at the through-holes, and tinning with solder to secure it all.

That one appears to have 6-7 damaged or missing traces, which isn't too bad.