another new Marantz owner

suprpntr

closet vintage stereo fan
Greetings all,

Just purchased a 2225 off everyone's favorite auction site. I was just looking for a decent receiver for the garage on the cheap. However when searching, of course the Marantz were there as well. Haven't seen them for years but remember them well from the 70's. Never owned one though but always thought they were cool.

This one sounds good just on the cheap JBL's. Figure it should even be better on my Bose 301's.

It's in good shape, 2 of the bulbs are burned out. Not a big deal to me, still looks great.

Any advice for someone who knows nothing about electronics? Are the bulbs easy to replace? Is there anything I should look out for in the unit? Any maintanence that should be done?

Thanks

Weeeeelllllllccccooooome!

The dials are not a big affair, just be aware with the string.

I love the sound of these little Marantz.

Hem... Heuuhaaa, yess:

:worthless

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the Marantz owners family. These vintage Marantz units have a wonderful sound and you won't be sorry.
As far as speakers go, there are a lot of people on this site with a 2225 who can recommend speakers. My advice is to go with what sounds good to you. Also, if you know "nothing about electronics", don't try anything unless someone on this site walks you through whatever you're trying to do, or just take it to a professional.

You may soon fall prey to a strong desire to acquire more and more vintage Marantz gear. It's highly contagious!

Back
Top Bottom