Another One Bite The Dust--sells their soul...

Status
Not open for further replies.

savatage1973

Addicted Member
Yes--another one sells out to the auto manufacturers--Bowers & Wilkins is now in bed with BMW as part of their "diamond" audio package in the 5 and 7 series.

Who is going to "whore themselves out" next?

I think B&W was bought by the Chinese already and it will turn into a cheap speaker maker like Whaferdale.

In the Audio circle here in Taiwan, people are advising that only buy the flagship speakers from B&W, because those are still made in England, the rest are all made in China and the sound is different too.

I don't worry too much about things like this. Unless they start dropping their high end offerings and selling plastic blue tooth keychain speakers at Walmart they will probably be just fine or even better with the infusion of cash.
The best example I can use is Porsche in the 90's. They were purist, only sports cars and only produced in limited quantities. They were also almost bankrupt. They put out the Cayenne and the Boxster, the purists cried and moaned but the company came back in a big way. Now they have a full line of cars, lots of crazy high end offerings due to the money they make on the more pedestrian offerings and are on solid financial ground.
I'd much rather see B&W get their name around and continue selling a full range of speakers rather than going the way of so many high end manufactures i.e. dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom