Another sub in the house...

^^^

Not sure which is better, but I'm positive that two of either is better than one of the best out of the two. :D

But I'm told the REL's are very nice.

Nah...only one. Both go down to 30Hz so well below the Epos, so I should get low end improvement either way. The Wharfdale is a great price and leaves me some cash to buy vinyl....I know RELs are primo but that eats all my budget.

I hate this hobby.....

BTW, REL recommends connections via speaker posts using their Neutrik cable which is usually supplied. I think this Neutrik cable's a fancy version of the hi-low converting cable I linked above.

There are no electronics in the cable . One thing about the speakon connection on a REL it
Is for a 8 ohm tap only . The resistance electronics are in the sub . The cable sums the
Left and right Chanel's . REL recommends this conection . I could not use it with my VTL
Mono blocks they are a 5 ohm tap pre set . I had to use the LFE inputs .
And like Michael said if u want the real deal you need two of them .

There are no electronics in the cable . One thing about the speakon connection on a REL it
Is for a 8 ohm tap only . The resistance electronics are in the sub . The cable sums the
Left and right Chanel's . REL recommends this conection . I could not use it with my VTL
Mono blocks they are a 5 ohm tap pre set . I had to use the LFE inputs .
And like Michael said if u want the real deal you need two of them .

Well then, my NAD is 4ohm...so looks like LFE if I go that route. The Wharfdale has RCA in and outs.

The notice on your NAD says the minimum speaker load should not be less than 4 ohms. You should still be able to use a typical self-powered sub via speaker level connections since they do not change the load to the main amplifier. The plate amps onboard subs have circuitry that allows use of this higher voltage signal.

Last edited:
The RELs are sweet.....my budget gets me the T5 with 8" driver 125w or the Wharfdale with 10" driver and 250w. And I can get the Wharfdale with rosewood finish....

:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom