~Another SWEET Album Haul~

similost

Rockin and Rollin....
Thanks to Spartanmanor pointing me to a yard sale in my neighborhood that was listed on CL, I made a hell of a great haul today... THANKS DAVID!!!!!!!

I went through at least 1000 albums.. maybe more. I pulled a couple over 250.. All in SWEET SWEET condition. Covers, vinyl, inserts.. all VERY nice...

As an example some of what I got (band wise) Most all names I got multiple albums of..

Scritti Politti
Talking Heads
Talk Talk
Fishbone
CSNY, and any combo of them you can think of, and each of them solo
Robert Palmer
UB40
Yes
Joni Mitchell
Joan Beaz
Doobies
Alan Parsons
Beatles (only one, Abby Roads, in NICE condition)
Jeff beck
Zappa and the Mothers (about 5)
The Mothers
Robert Plant
Bowie
Emmie Lou Harris
Grand Fink
Hall and Oats
Cream
Flock of Seagulls
Thomas Dolby
Dan Fogelberg
Bangles
Pretenders
James Tayor
James Gang
Santana
Romeo Void
Rush
Todd Rudgren (quite a few)
Utopia (quite a few)
The Textones
The Tubes
38 Special
Poco
Skidrow
Poison
Rare Earth
Joe Walsh
Eagles
Molly Hatchett (Double Live, YEAH!)
Outlaws
Little Feat
Styx
Moody Blues
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Tom Petty
Pat Travers
T. Rex
The Pretenders
Soft Machine
Spyro Gyra...
XTC

and LOT LOTS more...

THANKS AGAIN FOR TURNING ME ONTO THE SALE DAVID!

I keep going through these, and amazing some of the stuff I pulled.. I was just pulling them as fast as I saw them, and not sure exactly what all I got...

Some more...

Split Endz
Erasure
Edgar Winter Group
Dixie Dregs
Dire Straits
Bad Company
Aerosmith
AC/DC
Greg Allman Band
Jefferson Starship
Roberta Flack
Crowed House
Toto
Steeley Dan (got a like new Aja)
Cat Stevens\\
Supertramp
Squeez
Chilliwack
The Fixx
The Alarm
Vanilla Fudge

and the list keeps going....

Rare Earth is is a special Promo..

It's a 12" of Warm Ride and it's the "Special Disco Version" :scratch2:

I know I got more than Two Becks, but I can only find two at the moment.. I passed over a lot I alread had too.. I got Truth, and There and Back.. Both covers look brand new..

Soft Machine is Memories..

Yeeez....all over the map there. Variety IS the spice of life. Nice haul!!
(BTW...was it a deal?$?$?$?)

Still finding stuff I didn't know I grabbed.. like Wall of Vodoo.. :D

I got the lot.. somewhere between 250 and 260 for $160... This is probably the second best condition lot I've gotten.. these are all VG+ to NM... Covers and vinyl..

Wall of Voodoo

If it's Dark Continent that is the best Punk/New Wave album of all time imo. Listen to it and tell me what you think.:banana:

This one is Seven Days in Sammystown... Never heard of it, but I've always liked everything I heard by them.

Nice is an understatement about these albums.. I'm going to have to buy some more cover protectors. This lot is by far the best condition albums I've ever seen in one big lot.

I would say there were somewhere between 1500 and 2000 albums I went through, and most all of them looked like they had just been opened, and never slid in and out of a stack... I still can't get over the condition of all of these...

It's a fan favorite

This one is Seven Days in Sammystown... Never heard of it, but I've always liked everything I heard by them.

It is the best work they recorded after Stan Ridgway left to persue a solo career.:music:

Hi Similost,

Nice Karma you got. Nice LP score, one of the best of the year. Warm Ride by Rare Earth. 12" single Special Disco Version. Superb record, the Bee Gees wrote it. Their version is on the new remastered "Bee Gees Greatest". A superb song which should have charted higher. Also, the Bee Gees produced it and recorded it at Criteria Studios in Miami, FLA. :tresbon:

Man, sounds better than the collection had a look at on the weekend. There was an ad in the local paper, record collection for sale, I gave them a call 400 LPs, all in good condition, how much I asked? $5 each, what about a bulk price? After some thinking and mental gymnastics the answer is $2000 bucks for the lot (so, 5 bucks each). I thought why not so I went over, you never know whats there. I wasfirst to look at it, true, it was all in very nice condidtion, but it was 99% crap (IMHO). I did pick up Johnny Cash live at Falsom Prison, Billy Thorpe "I had a Woman" and some Abba singles for my daughter, sounds lie you had a much better time simi

I was wrong on the Zappa LPs... Only got 3.. itat was Todd Rudgren that I got stacks of..

The Zappa's I got were Roxy & Elsewhere, The Mothers, Fillmore East, 1971, and Overnight Sensation... Which I already have a nice copy of, but this one is like it was just opened..

Can you describe the material you did NOT take? What were these other records like?

Were there many other customers picking through these records at the same time?

There were a couple others picking.. but not much.. one kid was looking for jazz... was a little of that, but not a lot... The other guy was looking for metal, also very little of that...

I'm trying to remember what a lot of the other stuff was....

There were a lot of doubles as to what I had.. probably passed over several hundred doubles.. a lot of what I already described. I did get a few that I know my copies weren't near the condition.

There seemed to be a lot of soundtracks... a lot of space stuff especially.. starwars and such...

um... lots of lighter listening.. John Denver, Streisand and such.. There was also some classical and such, none of which I have any interest in.. even if I did, I wouldn't know who is who and what is what.. Some disco too.. like Chaka Kahn (lots of her).. and other similar groups I've never heard of..

I could have probably pulled another 100 or so, but I've got to start thinking about what I have, and space too much now.. I do kinda wished I would have taken the 5 or 6 Camel LPs I saw.. I was just so amazed by the condition of everything... like no private collection I've ever seen condition wise.

Back
Top Bottom