Another SX-1980 to Restore!

Fhamre

I can't help myself. Another 1980 became available just 35 minutes away and within about 5 miles of the other 1980 I bought . This 1980 is a low miler and stock. No signs of adventurers inside. Came with box and paperwork.So I go hungry for awhile. I could afford to lose a few.
I took a picture of the power supply board to show little or no signs of heat. Which reflects the low hours.
Will do all the recommended mods,recap, replace transistor etc that are well documented from other posts.
Set the DC and Bias and now doing my part inventory. Hopefully won't be as intimidating the second time round.
I do note that some one has jammed one of the speaker posts/clips at the back as a result of trying to jam a metal banana plug type connector. Not sure yet how to resolve. I do have other speaker connectors from Marantz that will fit but that won't do!
IMG_0788.JPG received_10214803791232138.jpeg

Its not quite ready for a photo shoot.Need a little cleaning.
Here is the other 1980 I am just about finished. Waiting for wires and connectors so I can move the last pair of regulators off the power supply board.
3.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG 10.JPG

Finished the latest 1980. Did all the recommended mods.Its now virtually flawless inside and out.
Now I have two to look at.
IMG_0871.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0918.JPG IMG_0919.JPG
Had a custom crate built as well.thumbnail_PB220114.jpg
Many thanks to all the 1980 restoration contributors!

Your supposed to say nice 1980 and then comment on the crate!
Its a hell of a crate for a hell of a big receiver! Built by a cabinet maker/Pioneer fan.
thumbnail_PB220115.jpg thumbnail_PB210111.jpg
I plan to have crates made for all the big boys.

I think you need to sell one to me........I am so desperate to own one!! Very very jealous....

Back
Top Bottom