Another TB871 project

theNoid

AK Noidster
I am fixing to take these over to my sisters house after breaking them in for a bit. Considering what they are, all who have heard them in the last few days have been very impressed overall. My mother has a cd with an indian artist, Jose Cabezas that is primarily handmade panflutes, flutes, strings, and drums and she says these little speakers sound just like she was sitting there listening to him play, in which she has done.

The oak plywood is finished in clear satin poly and the front and rear baffles are done with black Rustoleum Hammered finish. We are running them sealed, with .10 cubic feet of internal volume. The 3/4" oak plywood and the 3/4" mdf were left-over scraps so they aren't perfect when it comes to veneer layout and some chips and dents here and there. Actually, unless you are really looking for the problems, they tend to hide themselves very nicely, most haven't noticed them until i pointed them out. The Tang Band 871 drivers were bought used for CHEAP. So for total investment, including drivers, PE binding posts, material, and finish...right at about $25 for the pair I think. We will be building her a pair of subwoofer/speaker stands for these this weekend but for now she is getting an Aiwa powered bandpass boomy thingy.

OK, enough rambling here...C"YA!!!

Noidster

d033.jpg

Is the phot not showing up for you folks? It pops right up for me here. What other info would you like? I will gladly throw you what I can...

Noidster

Back
Top Bottom