Another unhappy irebuildmarantz customer

kitjunkie

I gave Robert a deposit 16 months ago after he quoted me a 6 month wait time. After 16 months, there are still 60 people in the queue ahead of me which I estimate is easily over a year. 2 and half years or more when he estimates 6 months??? He won't return emails. At some point, it becomes criminal to take a deposit and keep it when you are not living up to your end of deal.

What recourse do we have with a character like this? Anyone?

I'm on his list as well-but for 22 months now.

When I made my deposit in July '09 there were 50-60 customers ahead of me. He used to update his list most every weekday and he'd churn out 3-4 units per month. Now, he can go several weeks before he updates his list and his queue at present doesn't seem to be moving. He might have other things that take up his time. For all I know his internet business might be just a second job to him.

He stated that all deposits are non-refundable so apparently we're all stuck with that fact. A few months ago there were just a couple of people who cancelled on him, but now I see there are a dozen or so.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is to look elsewhere for a restoration job. Find a reputable business with a store front that has as its primary purpose repair/restoration. I don't know of any in Arizona but out here in California there's Classic Audio Repair in San Diego.

Michael,

I did find a local guy who now has my 2270 and I am confident that he will do a good job. What really angers me is Bowden's misrepresentation of the wait time. What he is doing is unethical. There are so many of us in this position. It's not about the money, it's all about the principle. I just need to let it go.

Steve

Irebuildmarantz

I recently had a 2265 restored by Robert Bowdish. The wait was about 18 months but the qualtiy of the restoration was very good. Everywhere I look for restorations the wait is long. Not sure what other choice there is.

Please see my news pages. Happy to talk to anyone who's not just throwing out rumors and BS. I will work with anyone who has put down a deposit. I'm doing my best, but as i've said before, i didn't expect this kind of interest in Marantz restorations. I've been doing this for 7 years NON-STOP except for life's issues (my dad died, i had to move 3 times, divorce, etc.). i answer nearly 500 emails a week, ALL OF THEM. it just takes time. http://www.irebuildmarantz.com/specialnote.html

Moved to Feedback forum. Unaffiliated posts deleted.

From this forum's guidelines:

"Posting is limited to the buyer or seller. If you have not dealt with an individual, please do not post under their thread. "

Last edited:
Warning!

IRebuildMara and IRM Bob have been banned for multiple rules violations, including, but not limited to unauthorized marketing of his website on AK, and having multiple accounts.

If any member receives a pm from someone purporting to be Bob Bowdish, or from IRebuildMarantz.com, please let a staff member know about this.

Back
Top Bottom