antipodean audio

davidro

Lunatic Member
I used to have my own thread containing images of my previous setups.

The images are wiped out now so I might as well start a new thread.

Here's a view of my current setup:

2012-10-23181754_zpse567b0a0.jpg

Yamaha DD turntable, Ortofon MC cartridge & Clearaudio phono preamp.
Squeezebox Duet & Sony SACD player.

Musical Fidelity integrated amp.

AR-3a speakers.

I like your setup David! So, do you like the Musical Fidelity amp better than the integrated tube amp you had sometime ago?

Thanks everyone!

do you like the Musical Fidelity amp better than the integrated tube amp you had sometime ago?

I actually do Guille. Surprisingly this amp sounds more like what I expected from a tube amp than the upgraded/modified Yaqin I had without the bass compromise.

Thanks guys!

Been lucky with good deals on vintage audio this week.

So I came up with a nice bed room setup.

2012-10-28184141.jpg

AR-XA turntable & Shure MM cartridge.

Marantz receiver.

Celestion speakers.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Been lucky with good deals on vintage audio this week.

So I came up with a nice bed room setup.

2012-10-28184141.jpg

AR-XA turntable & Shure MM cartridge.

Marantz receiver.

Celestion speakers.

Excellent! Nothing beats a sweet bedroom rig! How do you like the Celestions?

Wow. Don't see AR and Celestion everday up here in Brisbane. I often get jealous of the choice in Sydney and Melbourne. I don't think we had a strong market of the good stuff up here in the 60's and 70's.

Looks good Mate!

Excellent! Nothing beats a sweet bedroom rig! How do you like the Celestions?

Thanks mate. Like the vintage KEF speakers I once had they're a little bright for me, but the beefy sound of the Marantz really compensate for it. Like most vintage English speakers they're very natural sounding though. Not too bad for a bedroom setup.

Wow. Don't see AR and Celestion everday up here in Brisbane. I often get jealous of the choice in Sydney and Melbourne. I don't think we had a strong market of the good stuff up here in the 60's and 70's.

Looks good Mate!

Thanks mate. But I actually 'imported' the AR speakers all the way from Perth! And I had to extensively restore them too. Once that was done though the speakers were keepers. I got real lucky with the Celestion too. Picked them up just today.

We Aussies have such a hard time when it comes to audio (or any electronic goods)!

Those US CL listings and D&S questions are so removed from us. Thankfully our record pressers had good quality control in the days. Our Aussie Beatles pressings for example are the envy of any US Capitol owner,.

Wow. Don't see AR and Celestion everday up here in Brisbane. I often get jealous of the choice in Sydney and Melbourne.

Hi Lee, how about local versions of Craig List or eBay? Most sellers are unwilling to ship gear?

Back
Top Bottom