Any Arkansans out there?

60 miles north of little rock! on the lake!

I am unable to "Start a Conversation" with you since you have it disabled I your profile under "Contact Details". Not sure if you did it by choice or accidentally, but I think you can contact me. Let me know if if your interested in getting together since we're so close.

I see Echron has image of Norman Lab's, had an early set of the model 8. wonderful for jazz, classical, not so great for loud rock. bought those new in 77-78 from gramophone in tulsa. returned them to factory in norman in '82 to have crossover repaired. got tour, really great folks iirc.

I will keep an eye on my eastern neighbors, perhaps if schedule right i may drive over from tulsa for a visit some day. nice drive in the fall into western ark.

peace

Last edited:
I see Echron has image of Norman Lab's, had an early set of the model 8. wonderful for jazz, classical, not so great for loud rock. bought those new in 77-78 from gramophone in tulsa. returned them to factory in norman in '82 to have crossover repaired. got tour, really great folks iirc.

I will keep an eye on my eastern neighbors, perhaps if schedule right i may drive over from tulsa for a visit some day. nice drive in the fall into western ark.

peace
I own three pairs of model 8's two pairs of model 10's. One pair of model 9's and a pair of 332's. Come on down whenever you get a chance. I'll feed ya and we will spin records all day. Lol

Hey guys, I really enjoyed the get together yesterday and meeting all of you. Thanks again, Eric for the hospitality and great food.

I'll leave a couple of pics. For Luke, here's that big Wotan tube amp I heard with the 24 outputs. It makes a great space heater in the winter:

wotan_rear.jpg

And for Eric, here's HP's Clearaudio Statement. You can see the "Nautilus" weights that are attached to the upper section.

clearaudiostmt.jpg

Northwest Arkansas here.. Rogers / Bentonville area. Because of medical reasons, I've been off the page for about six years. Because of such, I've seemingly lost interest in the hobby, but I'm making an attempt of a comeback. Does anyone here know of a *quality* repair / restoration shop for audio gear.?

I have yet to find a local tech in NWA that is reliable. Many Moons Audio in Claremore OK is who I recommend for rebuilds. There is a tech in Kansas City who works on vintage stuff too. Break out the vinyl and the CD's and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom