Any audiophiles in the Rochester NY area?

edkoz

Would like to know if there are any audio groups in the Rochester NY area. With the winters up here I would expect there would be plenty of time to talk about this hobby.
Thanks Ed

Would like to know if there are any audio groups in the Rochester NY area. With the winters up here I would expect there would be plenty of time to talk about this hobby.
Thanks Ed
Ed please post if you do find anything in Rochester. I'm just getting into audio and would love to attend and learn. Thanks

I'm in Canandaigua and always like to chat, though it seems the older I get the less time I'm able to spend on audio. I have a standing offer that anybody on AK can come over and play on the test bench.

I'm in NYC but have in-laws in Pittsford, plus a house on Conesus. Please update this board if there is ever a get-together.

I am also in Rochester, and between Christmas and the beginning of April you can find me on my couch listening to my system. 12 weeks of looking out my window listening to music. If it wasn't for my system and all the music I would go insane, so my system and the music are very important to me. if there was something put together, I'd like to go too. So count me in.

Former WRUR DJ, former manager @ the Record Archive, consultant to the Bop Shop et. al. Would like to see another gathering happen... Any musicians in this thread? I consider myself a connoisseur of the low end. Had some vintage speakers rebuilt by the Speaker Place before they vanished in the night.

Didn't even know The Speaker Place was gone. I used to buy a lot of drivers there when I was building speakers.

FYI:

Forefront Audio just opened at a new spot in Brighton. 1472 Monroe Ave (just west of the Bop Shop).

I just got an email from Lance detailing the move. Someone check it out and report back!!

Here is his hours and phone # per recent email.

Lance Shevchuk

Forefront Audio

(585)216.5881

Store hours:
Monday: By Appointment

Tuesday: 10am to 3pm or By Appointment

Wednesday: By Appointment

Thursday: 10am to 3pm or By Appointment

Friday: 3pm to 8pm or By Appointment

Saturday: 10am to 2pm or By Appointment

Sunday: By Appointment

Technically, he's SouthEast of Bop Shop Records, about 150 feet :)

Glad you enjoyed your visit. Remember when you leave, turn to the right, walk 60 or so paces, and visit Bop Shop Records :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom