Any benefits from going Bi-amp to Tri-amp?

I agree wholeheartedly. Sure it's a bit of a pain, but phase correct 24 dB slopes, the ease of fine tuning, getting rid of lossy passive components (especially big woofer coils) definitely make it worth it. There's a reason pros haven't used passive crossovers for decades.

The bigger problem is actually hearing a system or systems that have 3 amps. It's never been easy to do that. And if you are of the opinion that Infinity speakers are the cream of the crop, you need to hear the tri-amp setup with cream of the crop electronics. Very very expensive & pretty much the ultimate in refinement for your system.

But how many are willing to take the big step? 1 out of 20? And it certainly is easy to purchase the wrong components & it becomes trial and error time---with power cords. Interconnects. Speaker wire. The amps themselves. The crossover network. And how it all interfaces with your pre-amp. It's a lot of work.

I'd have to disagree. I didn't think it was that hard to do (setup a triamp system). Research and planning required but it is enjoyable for me. Definitely much more work than a single amp system and a pair of passive crossovered speakers though.

Prolly less than 1 out of 20 though, like 1 out of 300 maybe.

Back
Top Bottom