Any Chicago fans out there?

Drybasement

Hold the ketchup...
I just picked up the new Chicago remasters of CTA, ll and lll. Got 'em cheap locally for $13.99 each. They sound fantastic. Great music from days gone by. If ya like Chicago, you will not be disappointed.

Originally posted by Wardsweb
How about Chicago Transit Authority

They are the same band. Chicago dropped the "transit authority" with thier second release, ll.

I mentioned the releases in my original post. CTA, ll and lll.

Last edited:
DUH! :eek:

so is it 25 or 6 to 4?

anybody really know what time it is?

Its music time:D

25 or 6 to 4 was the first real "rock" song I ever heard. Or at least that was memorable. And who in the eighties didn't get a little lucky to Chicago 17, whooooppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!:smsex:

I like CTA and the older Chicago, with Terry Kath. The stuff they put out in later years sounds to "easy listening" for me. I have Chicago at Carnegie Hall, Vols I, II, III, and IV, with all the posters and book, recorded in '71. I was very surprised to find out it wasn't worth very much. Chicago's usually cheap when you find it. :D

Steamshooter,

I agree. After Kath committed suicide in 1978 Chicago just wasn't the same. They turned into a love ballad band. I believe the last album Kath worked on was XI. What a shame.

Bully,

I've heard that also. Hendrix really admired Kath as a guitarist. Sure wish they both would have stuck around longer.

Terry Kath was a great guitar player. Glad to see they've remastered Chicago's first 3 albums, they were always my favorite ones. CTA was the first really big name concert I ever saw. I think I was in the 8th grade at the time. We had 10th row seats and the opening band was Edgar Winter. Tickets were $4.50, now ticketmaster gets more in service fees.

"They are the same band. Chicago dropped the "transit authority" with thier second release, ll."

Yeah it is my understanding they dropped it for they were going to be sued by the Chicago Transit Authority if they didin't.

I have fond memories of Chicago. One of my favorites is live at Carnegie Hall. I had the album as a kid but it somehow got away from me. Now have it on CD and that works well enough.

I have heard that the remastered CD's for Live at Carnegie Hall (aka IV), V and VI are coming out in late August. I await those with baded breath.

I think your right WildWest. It is my understanding also that they dropped the "transit authority" from thier title for that very reason.

I saw a VH1 Behind The Music episode featuring Chicago a couple of years ago. Damn, I should have recorded it. I have not seen it televised since.

Originally posted by THOR
I like love ballads :(

Hey Thor,

You need to get Chicago Twenty. It's a greatest hits compilation from 1982 onward and it's full of those heart warming, gut wrenching, schmaltzy love ballads.

Here's the track list:

Hard to say I'm sorry
Look away
Stay the night
Will you still love me?
Love me tomorrow
What kind of man would I be?
You're the inspiration
I don't wanna live without your love
Hard habit to break
Along comes a woman
If she would have been faithful
We can last forever

I tell ya, Chicago changed after Kath died.

Enjoy

And not for the better...Thats for sure !

Dave

I have all those songs DB ;)

I love to get hammered and sing love ballads I especially like "Look Away" as a Chicago track to croon away too :D

Yeah! The first record.
I play "Free Form Guitar" for people and they can't believe its Chicago!
Kath was an absolutely incredable guitar player! The early Chicago is an entirely different beast compared to the later stuff.

Yeah, And Introduction, and Listen. Great album!
It's hard to believe it's Chicago.

Someone said they tamed down after Terry Kath killed hisself.
But their later stuff is nice to cuddle up to the wife with:smsex: !

Personally I prefer Their first album to all their others.

Last edited:
Early Chicago and Blood,Sweat and Tears were the only contemporary big bands we had in those days for rockers. I am glad that they kept a big brass sound going. It is fun now to listen to the "new" swing bands like Big Voodoo Daddy.
Thatch

Back
Top Bottom