Any dual-mono integrated/receiver owner?

The Meridian G51 uses a twin secondary single transformer.
That rules it out if you ask me.

The Pioneer SX-1980 and SX-1250 use the same, twin secondary TX/former and separate PSUs and amps.
Based on that definition, I'd say dual transformer should have dual power cords to separate circuits, then to dual power distribution panels.
Personally, assuming ONE power cord means that there is no advantage to having more than ONE primary winding. But that's just me. :)

Yaqin MC-100B. Dual mono integrated amplifier. The only thing shared on this amp is the power cord. Separate PTO's and OPT's with separate circuitry for left and right sides, tubes included.

IMG_0159.JPG

DUAL MONO DESIGN
Separate transformer taps for left and right channels, twin rectifiers and separate PSUs give dual mono operation of the left and right power amplifiers.

TOROIDAL TRANSFORMER
We use a Class AB amplifier design, a centrally mounted audiophile grade oversize toroidal transformer, and substantial extruded heatsinks. This allows the CXA80 to deliver 2 x 80 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms. Into 4 Ohms, this increases to 2 x 120W.
inner.jpg

A recent purchase, sounds really good.

DUAL MONO DESIGN
Separate transformer taps for left and right channels, twin rectifiers and separate PSUs give dual mono operation of the left and right power amplifiers.

TOROIDAL TRANSFORMER
We use a Class AB amplifier design, a centrally mounted audiophile grade oversize toroidal transformer, and substantial extruded heatsinks. This allows the CXA80 to deliver 2 x 80 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms. Into 4 Ohms, this increases to 2 x 120W.
inner.jpg

A recent purchase, sounds really good.

Harmon Kardon A 402. I am also wondering if the A/B speaker outputs are run in parallel, or in series? My reason for wanting to know is if it would be a benefit to bi-wire my speakers? I could run A outputs to the high terminals and B to the low terminals.DSC07896.JPG

Harmon Kardon A 402. I am also wondering if the A/B speaker outputs are run in parallel, or in series?
I too have an A-402 and a T-403.

The A/B outputs are in parallel. Here's a snippet from the schematic:

hfe_harman_kardon_a-402_service_excerpt.png

CB1 and CB2 are the speaker breakers between the amplifier outs and the speaker selection switches.

I have a Rotel RA-1210 like the one below (web pic). An SA buy and I got it because it surprised me how heavy it was. I'll post pics of the guts sometime, it is dual mono, another surprise. It was apparently their first product sold into the USA. It is a very good performer after some kinks worked out; stuck relay, dirty switches, etc.

s-l1000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom