Any experience with epoxy refinish bathtub?

No experience specifically with that company or product.

But I have done two with the DIY kits that were available from Lowes maybe 8-10 ago. With the product that I used, good results are possible, but
1) meticulous preparation work is required
2) can not do a tub that has been refinished previously

Don't know if anything may have changed since I did those two.

There is also a method that uses custom fitted panels. Have you looked into that?

Who the hell made non standard tubs?

Gut the room. Tile the floor and walls. Make the tub drain a floor drain. Install porcelain sink, toilet and a house fire grade sprinkler system as a shower. Add a steam generator if desired.

Think dishwasher. Think car wash.

Build peoplewasher room.

After remodeling 6 bathrooms to the desire of my wife, the peoplewasher room appears to be what woman want.

If you install a pressure washer, you can clean the bathroom in no time.

Bathrooms in India were entirely stone lined except the ceiling and porcelain fixtures and they have a floor drain and hose bib with a short piece of hose attached.

Truly smart people.

We have a bathroom from the ‘60’s. Ugly yellow tiles, tub, sink, toilet. The tub is non standard 52”. So one option I’m hearing is epoxy like this:

https://www.miraclemethod.com/rochester/bathtub-refinishing

Anyone have experience?
Our family had a claw-footed tub epoxy-refinished for a vacation home. The epoxy started to blister and peel after about 20 years of relatively light use (six months of the year, the vacation house isn't used at all). IOW, I wouldn't count on an epoxy finish lasting 20 years on your main bathtub. I'm guessing 15 years, at the very outside, would be a more realistic estimate. Friends who had a tub done said even this estimate is generous. Epoxy is a pretty half-assed alternative to porcelain.

The epoxy finish looks fine while the epoxy is intact. You just have to be careful to use only foaming cleaners on it. No abrasives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom