Any fans on the JVC TD-V1010?

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these decks. Seems like JVC put some time and effort into them.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these decks. Seems like JVC put some time and effort into them.

I dig the TD-V "Superdigifine "series.
Execllent quality and very dynamic sound quality.

Mine is a TD-V711, and its my main listening deck on my recording station system. Yours musta been a step up from mine.
Mine is a pretty deck; black with Gold accents and nice dark wood trim sides.

I also own the TD-V711. While my Nak ZX9 is the better deck, especially when recording, I have to say the JVC is not much behind. So I expect the 1010 to be pretty good.

I sold my wonderful TD-V711 in the hope that I would find a TD-V1010 or V1050. Which turned out to be a bad decision, because there aren't a lot aout there, sellers (of these paricularly. X-) ??) didn't agree to send them to spain from germany, and prices have gone up since then.

From the page:

http://www.niji.or.jp/home/k-nisi/

and
http://www.analogaudio.narod.ru/handbook/jvc.htm
I guess that maybe the V711 and this one are very close, and I wasn't going to get any much better from the upgrade to V1010.

BUt overall, the V711 was a superb machine, well built and ready to compete against any deck, even challenged big nakamichis to some degree.

Watch out for bad motors

Last edited:
What are the differences between the 711 and 1010? Cosmetics are obvious. As is the big mdf block under the 1010. What else is there?

Just so people know what we are talking about:

Glavna.jpg

Didn't know you could get wood panels on it:

1291458560120010044.jpg

TD-V1010.jpg

0_36c92_758bcf39_L

0_36c91_6d6ba689_L

Last edited:
Well, one obvious difference is the remote. The wood panels should be fitted on all SuperDigifine gear, my 711 has them, as well as my XL-Z555 CD-player.

Well, one obvious difference is the remote. The wood panels should be fitted on all SuperDigifine gear, my 711 has them, as well as my XL-Z555 CD-player.

The one above was the first pic I had seen of a 1010 with wood panels. Did all the grey JVC SuperDigifine gear have wood panels?

Oh man..that remote is da bomb!
Also, the 1010 has three motors, the 711 has two .

And the TD-V 1010 is TOTL, da bomb, and a Nak killer. It is a superb deck, up there with the best the medium ever offered. Even the 2 motor, middle of the line JVC decks are underrated, the old KD-V6 is superb. Pass them by at your peril.

And the TD-V 1010 is TOTL, da bomb, and a Nak killer. It is a superb deck, up there with the best the medium ever offered. Even the 2 motor, middle of the line JVC decks are underrated, the old KD-V6 is superb. Pass them by at your peril.

A Nak killer? You really think?

Hearing how close my 711 is to my Nak ZX9 on playback, I would imagine the 1010 is even closer. I feel the cassette itself might be the limiting factor here.

@ Bigerik: I always thought that all the SuperDigifine stuff had the wood panels, here in Holland at least. Since the SuperDigifine was pitched against the Sony ES-line, it needed to look as good. But I could be wrong.

That series of JVC machines feature direct drive capstans. They have the lowest wow and flutter of any deck I have measured. As good as the best Naks and much easier to service and keep up to snuff. The only problem is they have capacitors on the dd capstan motor that tend to fail. That is an easy repair. I have 2 V541 decks which have the same mech and electonics as the rest of that series.

Last edited:
I have a Leader wow and flutter meter and the standard Sony wow and flutter test tapes. I also have a Krohnhite wide range audio generator and Leader dual channel volt meters. The JVC decks when set up properly are +- 1db from 30 HZ-19 KHZ with Maxell UDXL2 tape. They are down 3 db at 21 KHz. When working properly they will make a copy of a CD that is indistinguishable from the source on a very revealing system

I have measured many of the Naks, HK CD-491, Aiwa AD-850, 810 etc. I have measured many of the Dennon 3 head models. They all have excellent performance, but in wow and flutter the JVC is the best under .04% weighted.

Thanks Satch. What kind of differences are you hearing between them?

Small things, like a little 'smearing' in hi hats, or the less differentiated stereo image. But I'm a sceptic when it comes to comparing gear: if someones nails it 10 out of 10 in a blind test, I'd believe he's hearing it. But the way I listened, knowing which deck was playing, it might be my imagination letting me 'hear' differences.
The point I'm trying to make is that the JVC's are excellent decks in their own right. It doesn't surprise me that grateful is getting such good measurements.

Back
Top Bottom