Any fellow owners here of the dinosaur Yamaha RX-V2095?

Picked these up in CL and really liking the fullness of the sound. With my 4ohm speakers, I barely get the volume knob past 9 o clock and its already loud. Sounds even better than the new $400 fairly popular integrated amp I bought recently. This thing weighs a ton with the monster transformers inside. I got two of these now when another one showed up in CL a couple of days after. Both didn't have remotes but I have a universal one which at least gave me access to the important settings of the amp.

So, anyone here got a remote for these just lying around collecting dust that they are willing to sell cheap? :)
Ebay has them but I'm hesitant to pay more than what I paid for the receivers themselves.

20180818_110442.jpg

Picked up a stellar RX-V3000, paid more for the remote than the receiver itself.

Sometimes, you have to do what you have to do.

Download the owners manual and see if you can live with what the remote will allow you to
fully realize what the receiver can do.

Rx-V2090 here unfortunately no spare remote.

I play mine through 4 Ohms as well....at about 9 o' clock. Very happy.

Rx-V2090 here unfortunately no spare remote.

I play mine through 4 Ohms as well....at about 9 o' clock. Very happy.

Sweet! By chance, have you tried comparing the built-in dac of the amp compared to an external dac? Although the sound is already good when I use the optical input, I was wondering if an external dac would sound better.

I have an RX-V2300. Currently it is not in use, but I may eventually integrate it into my stereo system as a solid state option for when it is too hot for tubes.

The remotes are very different and I need to figure out how to reset the programming of mine. I made a mistake with programming mine (accidentally reprogrammed the stand-by button so it functions as a power button for the TV... but no longer turns off the receiver).

Sweet! By chance, have you tried comparing the built-in dac of the amp compared to an external dac? Although the sound is already good when I use the optical input, I was wondering if an external dac would sound better.

No I haven't . There was an add-on external DDP-1 AC-3 processor for an early 5.1 surround effect with Laserdisc (and might be hackable to use with DVDs and CDs ). I have one with a dead display in the garage which I bought with my "spare" 2090 and haven't tried it.

No I haven't . There was an add-on external DDP-1 AC-3 processor for an early 5.1 surround effect with Laserdisc (and might be hackable to use with DVDs and CDs ). I have one with a dead display in the garage which I bought with my "spare" 2090 and haven't tried it.

There seems to be quite the following for the DDP-1. Many set it to the digital input selection, as opposed to AC-3, and use it as a standard DAC. It's said to sound very good. I only used mine for AC-3 Dolby Digital Laser Disc playback, with my RX-V990 (little brother to the 2090). But, it sounded very good, in that configuration. One day, I need to A/B my different Yamaha gear, to compare their DAC's. The DDP-1 vs a RX-V3000, a DSP-A30390, and my RX-A3030. No slouches there, and I expect all will fair well.

Oh yea, I have a RX-V2095. An eBay purchase. But it arrived dead, and with a bashed front face plate, due to there being no packing in the box...! :rant: It was cheap; but still...! :crazy:

I have one and she's a keeper... Along with my RX-1100 and R9 receivers!!!!

BTW, a very clean machine for being almost 20 years old!!

I just bought a RX-V2095. Arrived with a dent to the front bottom of the faceplace, no remote. :( Going to set it up soon, just using it for music.

I have a Harmony 650 remote. Was able to update it with the RX-V2095 profile. It's clunky, but at least I can access speaker setup etc. Haven't had a chance to do any significant listening yet, but seems nice so far!

I roll with an RX-V850, just a couple years earlier and similar to yours. I've tried to replace it a few times over the last couple years but it always wins the comparison test. These things are great. I do wish for the old variable loudness button instead of the binary on-off bass extension from time to time.

i thinking in buying an rx v2095 for sure, they pop cheap! and they sound very nice even better that some vintage regarded gear, the 2095 also have separated pre out main in, só you can use the pres, im buying to use only the pre of it. i think maybe this pre work just as nice as the c4 ? maybe?

I want a 2095... Do they have the power supply issues that so many pieces after it had? Aka C405 in the remote standby ckt? Etc
I have a wee little 595a & 795. Lol. Mine are known for front panel lighting going dim over time. Does the 2095 do that too?

I had a rx v995 good memoriies, but i think The 2095 should be another level. Mine 995 has a problem with The lights on The panel once in 60 days it goes out but Just turn off and on again and i was "fixed"

^ I thought the 995 was the flagship in this model line until now. The 2095 is the flagship from this model series from research this morning. What a beast! This was the era I stopped buying new receivers afterward. This series was the end of the golden era in my Yamaha book of life chapter. I have no receivers newer than this series that didn't have bad issues. 1999. I'm content with dolby digital & dts. Not dinosaurs to me. These are still relevant cuz they have optical outputs. Most new TV's only offer HDMI & optical outputs nowadays for sound so these are still budget gems IMO. Not a fan of HDMI in stereo pieces, I draw the line there.
Yamaha built internal cooling fans on these starting at the 795 model, thoughtful. If ya'll have panel dimming issues on these HMU for the easy peasy fix. Don't wanna pollute the OP's thread intent too much with soapbox rhetoric.

Last edited:
Got a RX-V2092 in the shed with a few others,,RX-V3900, RX-V630, got a RX-V657 on the bench with a protection issue. These are generally well designed with quality parts. The diagnostics could be a little better. My biggest gripe is no removable base plate so not service friendly.

just using it for music.
Just fyi. I don't know if the 2095 does this but the lower tier models in this series turn the subwoofer output RCA off in 2 channel stereo mode. Scratched my head over that one for a minute:dunno: . Or maybe everyone knows this but me lol. o_O

Last edited:
Just fyi. I don't know if the 2095 does this but the lower tier models in this series turn the subwoofer output RCA off in 2 channel stereo mode. Scratched my head over that one for a minute:dunno: . Or maybe everyone knows this but me lol. o_O
Yeah … there goes another well kept secret … :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom