Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by johnny_fever, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Addicted Member

Congrats Nixxuz and welcome to the site! Keep on not drinkin. If you havent yet or dont have someone to talk to if you feel the urge, try to find someone. Better yet, try to find support to help prevent that from happening. The meetings started by Bill W helped me a lot and can be easily found if you havent been. Just a suggestion to check one out if you havent yet already. Glad you found this thread! Always nice to check in.

johnny_fever and datafone like this.
  2. datafone

datafone Super Member

........I had a few paragraphs typed out but thought again about the situation.......

So you are not an alcoholic? but a concerned family member of one?
    See if you can get to an Al-anon meeting, they are a support group for family and friends of the alcoholic.

Wishing you and your family member the very best.
    http://al-anon-az.org/find-a-meeting/

3. dcmfan

dcmfan AK Subscriber Subscriber

I married my wife on her one year clean date and some folks said we had as much chance as a fart in a whirlwind. That's a quote, and it almost came true more times than I'd like to count. Just about everything that could happen did happen. But we persevered and we worked and sometimes we got lucky.

On May 27 we will be married 28 years. Right now she's taking a nap while I bake cookies.

The good people who predicted that we were headed for disaster lived long enough to see us make a life together. And because they were good people we all made amends and were able to end up on good terms before anyone important to us died.

Make choices. Accept consequences. Live life.

johnny_fever, ETLS and datafone like this.
  4. datafone

datafone Super Member

dcmfan
    Nice that you pair worked out and I tip my hat to you both :cool:

One of the few in my experience, but there are always exceptions and nice to hear of one :thumbsup:

johnny_fever likes this.
  5. dcmfan

Thanks. It's not a path I would recommend as a general rule. But like most things, if both parties want the same thing and are willing to WORK there's no limit.

johnny_fever and datafone like this.
  6. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks datafone. 21 years here. It's all good. Feel free to post what you were thinking.

datafone likes this.
  7. johnny_fever

johnny_fever Walk tall & carry a big G Subscriber

Meggy. Great job on the 21 years.
    dcmfan. We both beat the odds so far. I met my wife while she was in rehab. Kinda like love at first sight. when she was getting out of rehab we went to her counselor and told her about the relationship we were starting. Having 5 years sober I knew the dangers of having a relationship with someone new & unstable. We hid nothing. No secrets. I told all my peers. Some approved some didn't. Those who disagreed also mentioned my motives were pure. I always avoided AA woman especially newcomers. I prayed to have a nice woman in my life. Be careful what you pray for. I did try to resist but then questioned if she was my prayers being answered. We have been together since oct of 1999. So sometimes like dcmfan said if both people want the same thing anything is possible

datafone and dcmfan like this.
  8. datafone

datafone Super Member

Deleted

No need...

Edit: just so It's clear I didn't delete my original response due to anyone, I just reassessed it and thought my post was not needed or helpful.

I'll leave just one part of it, and that's that codependency is often a core issue for many of us, from my experience.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    pfcs49 likes this.
  9. dcmfan

10/12/1985. Glad that's behind me! One more day x 365!

rajoo, ETLS, datafone and 3 others like this.
  10. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Addicted Member

Always nice to hear from the “old timers”. Keep on keeping on, one day at a time. :thumbsup:

11. johnny_fever

dcmfan. Wow thats awesome. Good Job. Im so excited about mine coming up Sunday. Possible chance I might take the drive (75 miles) to my original home group. I will see

datafone, Mowgli and dcmfan like this.
  12. dcmfan

Good on ya! Keep it up!

13. johnny_fever

Yesterday was perfect. Woke up on the right side of the dirt to celebrate my 23 years of sobriety. Had to do some plumbing early in the morning. Did lunch with my sponsor and relaxed the rest of the day. Now tonight I get to go to my home group and get my coin. Life is good. Fever

rajoo, SuperjazzyJa, Mowgli and 4 others like this.
  14. goat67

goat67 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Way to go!!! Just keep doing the next best thing

15. johnny_fever

Yep. Simple advise that still holds true.