Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

My parents were friends. I guess I can attribute their hanging around Bill as being pre-emptive. :D

To all Bill's friends here, congrats! Take it easy.

My addicting personality can rear its ugly head in anything I like/love.
Drinking, Drugs, or whatever. Sometimes it takes every bit of restraint to walk away from Stereo equipment on or off line. I know In singing to the choir. Later Rick

Funny how it works....

I'm such a creature of habit, I never checked out anything non-audio here until now--------
I often describe this place as a community-and this just makes that more palpable-I always wondered who here knew Bill (and maybe who needed to?)
I found the rooms in 83 and the world changed! Funny how it works.
A self defined Zen-Atheist, still amazed how my vinyl survived all those years of drink, drugs, and niccotene without divine intervention. Hold it as a possibility that there's more providence around than we expect.
Life is SO good.
We have a nice way of closing...

7-11-10, just celebrated 6 mos. A newbie in this - can't believe the change. The hard part . . . who in the hell am I? :scratch2:

Hey guy, that was the day that I turned 23. I'm glad something better then my birthday happened that day.

I've only just recently begun to share some of my past atrocities with others, knowing full well that they're stories people would find funny. But man I'm certainly still ashamed of all of them.

10/7/09.

Hey guy, that was the day that I turned 23. I'm glad something better then my birthday happened that day.

I've only just recently begun to share some of my past atrocities with others, knowing full well that they're stories people would find funny. But man I'm certainly still ashamed of all of them.

10/7/09.

Hey Ramblin, you turning 23 and sober on the same day makes me envious. You young whipper snapper, you got me beat by 30 FRICKIN' YEARS!:tresbon:

Thank you for giving this special day added significance!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you everyone for your encouragement!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

7-11-10, just celebrated 6 mos. A newbie in this - can't believe the change. The hard part . . . who in the hell am I? :scratch2:

Someone who will be proud of who he will become.

Before my father passed away (1995), I had the chance to have a heart to heart talk with him. It was a very rare thing for him to say more than a few words to me at all, let alone a conversation this deep.
I told him, "I'm not proud of everything I've done in my life, but neither am I ashamed. For had I not lived the life I did, I wouldn't have become the man I am now."

It takes time my friend, and there will always be days that will push you towards falling back. There is strength in others, so never be afraid to ask for help.

Drunk walks into a bar, sits down, and demands a drink.
“Get out!” yells the bartender. “I don’t serve drunks here.”
The drunk staggers out the front door, comes in through the side door..... sits down, bangs his fist, and loudly demands a drink.

“I thought I just told you to get out,” says the bartender.

the drunk gets up, stumbles out the side door, and returns through the back door. ... sits down and angrily calls for a drink.
The bartender walks over to the guy, “I told you, no drunks allowed. Now get the hell out!”
The drunk looks up says,
“Hey, buddy, just how many bars do you work at, anyway?”

Keep coming back...!

we_are_not_a_glum_lot_smiley_face_in_aa_symbol.gif

Good joke hbrocks . Speaking of drunks. I feel bad for the drunks on Lower Waker drive about now. Or anyone homeless in this type of weather. Later JF

Speaking of drunks. I feel bad for the drunks on Lower Waker drive about now. Or anyone homeless in this type of weather. Later JF

Forgive me for hijacking this thread for my sentiment. I watched a newscaster the other night ask some homeless people that were drinking why didn't they make arrangements to get help & shelter for the cold.

Mind you, the windchill in this area has hovered around 5° & 10°F since Monday. I pray for those without electricity & the homeless. I wish there was something I could do.

Rome

My grandfather was for 40 years. Showed up drunk the day my mother was born. My grandmother refused to let him see his daughter. He went right out and joined and was with them for the rest of his life.

That is the beauty of staying with the program. You are free to be whoever or whatever you want to be. Set the goals high and work towards them. It will amaze you how far you can go. I'v been places I never thought I'd go. Done things I never thought I'd do. An old timer said that when I was 6 months. "...more than you can imagine....". I thought, "Right! I have a big imagination." HAHAHHA, they were right!

Back
Top Bottom