Any German spoken tech around?

elnaldo

Lunatic Member
..to translate this alignment instructions? (GRUNDIG CF5500 cassette deck)

Hello. I have this deck which is full of trimpots inside, and levels are not OK, something is not properly adjusted. I have a alignment tape, i managed to adjust playback levels, also the LED meter , but the rest of the German instructions (being myself a spanish spoken person) are out of my knowledge.

I'm familiar with this procedures, so abbreviated instructions like "Set Rec mode, adjust Rxxx to get xxmV at that point" are enough for me, I've located the test points at the different boards already.

Would any German tech be kind enough to translate at least the main titles in the alignment section of this manual? https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i86ddpad6k6blj/hfe_grundig_cf-5500_service_de.pdf?dl=0
(page 9 and 10 , 25 and 26 of the PDF file)

I managed to translate the LED meter alignment, I understand different signal levels and color LEDs staying ON or OFF, or barely ON.

Ua 615mV
- erste rote LED + 1dB beginnt zu leuchten
- zweite rote LED + 2dB ist dunkel

2 Ua 580mV
gelbe LED 0dB leuchtet "voll"
erste rote LED +1dB ist dunkel

3 Ua 580mV -7.5dB
grune LED -10dB leuchtet "voll"

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
"Fremdwiedergabe-Bezugsbandabtastung" - :eek: :rolleyes: :D

I am sorry but I fear it is impossible to translate that precisely... :oops:

However, as danj says, try Google translation, perhaps it is at least a bit helpful...

The manual is an image file and the instructions are formatted as a table. I could check how smart is the artificial intelligence of that translator though.

The manual is an image file and the instructions are formatted as a table. I could check how smart is the artificial intelligence of that translator though.

I downloaded it so I could let Acrobat try some optical character recognition magic so the text could be extracted, but the PDF is password protected. Is it from HiFi Engine? Anyway, if you can get one that's not password protected, some OCR could make it where you could at least copy the text and use Google Translate or something.

Googling "translate image files" pointed me to some instructions on the same google translator, it seems you can upload an image and select the area where the text is.

I'll save separate files of the pages to translate and try that tool.

WOW!!! I see there is a phone app where I simply take a pict from the PDF showing on my main computer, and it can translate from the screenshot !

It's "baby pigeon" spanish, but useful, at least I can understand what the manual is talking about !!!

Back
Top Bottom