Any have a copy of the Owners Manual for the Sound Technology 1200A?

zebulon1

Working on my own stuff. Finally
Subscriber
I added another piece to my ST collection and was looking for the manual for the 1200A. eBay had one that sold on the 5th. Bummer.
I'm pretty sure I can figure it out but a copy would be nice.
My Audio shop buddy has several of the 1200A's and I though I'd see if he has one.
Beginning the search.
Thanks

I found a copy at my buddy's shop.
The 1200A was in a eBay listing but the seller had it titled as "ST 1200A" which made it difficult to search for. Plus he had it listed for $900. It sat there for some time. He lowered the price and I made an offer. The 1200A is not easy to find. Is it rare? Not sure but you don't see them come up for sale often.
It is on the crusty side but it comes with cabling and he says it works. It looks like I can gussy it up and make it mine.
We'll see soon enough.
Now looking for the 1100A signal conditioner. Got a lead? One sold this month and I missed it.

The 1200A is the test panel? I can't imagine they sold a ton of those. I'm sure it makes life easy but its not something you absolutely need, and the cost may have been hard to justify.

The 1200A is the test panel? I can't imagine they sold a ton of those. I'm sure it makes life easy but its not something you absolutely need, and the cost may have been hard to justify.

That's what Stan Curtis said. It makes connecting and switching audio units easier. He had said for the cost he built his own and saved a ton of money.
The 1200A almost rounds out my ST collection which is the biggest enjoyment.
All the ST pieces I have found needed work to bring up to speed and I suspect this 1200A is no different. That too is a challenge.

The first pages of the Owners Manual:
http://www.cieri.net/Documenti/Misu...gy - Stereo Test Panel model 1200A (1978).pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom