Any idea what these are?

Prospero750

I saw these on craigslist, curious if they are something worth snagging. The owner says he can't find a brand or model anywhere on them. I'll post a picture in the next comment (because I can't figure out how to post it here...)

Hi Kieran, and welcome to AK. I love your picture. Is that you and your child? Beautiful kid!

I agree completely with Gazdatronik. $50-$60 for BOTH would be closer to market value. That's assuming that everything works ok.

GeeDeeEmm

$50 fully working is ok. Some of those KLH with the black dome tweeter from that time were not bad. Give a CV a run for its money. ;)

Another question: is my sx-750 (50 watts per channel) strong enough for these if I do pick them up? If I'd have to add extra components to my set-up then that might deter me from getting them....

I recently sold my primo SX-750 to a friend who was in desperate need of a receiver. I used it on everything from very efficient speakers to a pair of very (did I say VERY?) inefficient sealed homebuilts, and it never ran out of steam or sounded in the least bit taxed. Your 750 should handle the KLHs with aplomb.

GeeDeeEmm

So, there was a little too much cosmetic damage on them for me, and I wasn't crazy about the sound, so I passed. He was happy to know what the model and make was though.

So, there was a little too much cosmetic damage on them for me, and I wasn't crazy about the sound, so I passed. He was happy to know what the model and make was though.
If in doubt, listen, right?
I would like to hear a pair myself one day, only to see if they live up to their reputation as being one of the loudest speakers of its time.

It was definitely loud. It sounded good on the low end but the high end, I don't know it sounds kind of...indistinct? Not sure what word to use. I don't want to have these and then add another speaker to make the high end sound crisp.

What speakers are you listening to now?

I've got bit of a hodge dodge at the moment. Polk rt38s with a klipsch KV2 center, and a cambridge soundworks 10 inch sub. I'm enjoying swapping my way up the spectrum. I'm looking at a pair of Polk LS-70s right now to replace the polks.

Back
Top Bottom