Any idea what this kind of potentiometer is used for, or is called? Front & back shafts.

EastPoint

Recycler
Subscriber
I picked up a couple of these in a lot of parts. There is a shaft out the front and another out the back, and when you turn one the other turns too. Anyone ever seen or heard of this before?

IMG_5243.JPG

It is for people wanting to tweak the volume up by using the pot counterclockwise, just mount it the other way around ;):D

I have one, too.

As James states, you can attach something auxilary. A mechanical indicator, extension shaft, a motor to steer the pot automatically, whatever.

bourns.jpg

Kinda liked a pot with a slot on the back, so it can be tweaked from the chassis side for adjustments?

The HP 711A power supply uses something very much like this to drive a cam with roller-switches that select secondary taps on the power transformer --- to keep regulator tube dissipation within limits at all output voltage settings.

I'll take 10 of em in dual audio taper 250k. This seems like the hot ticket for motorized controls (tube preamps with remote control) Seriously, what are these called?

Back
Top Bottom